Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #1

Daytime running lights.

I have a question that I hoping the experts on this site can help me with. We have just purchased a 2000 Holiday Rambler Imperial on a Roadmaster chassis that was made and first sold in the US., and would like to know, did all the coaches in this model year get the same chassis wiring as it would pertain to daytime running lights? We live in Canada and all vehicles of this age are required to have these. The coach has been made legal with an aftermarket kit. If it is possible I would like to change it to a factory set up.Can I add a relay/module that would make it the same as a unit that was originally made to be sold in Canada, if so where is the connection for the relay/module? It would also help if someone knows the part #.

Thanks,
Woody_89
Woody_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Woody.....I have a 2005 Diplomat and it doesn't have daytime running lights. I don't think I've ever seen a U.S. Monaco with DLR's. My coach does have the headlights that are activated by the wipers. Once the wipers come on, the headlights turn on until you turn them on and off at the switch.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Woody_89..Welcome to the forum!

I would like to suggest that you come up into the Monaco Forum and do a search on DRL in that forum.
You will find threads such as this one ... it might give you some hints on where to look. (I think I had about 10 threads come up when I did a "Search This Forum" in the Monaco Section.

Good Luck and Welcome to iRV2...we do hope you visit & post often!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #4

Woody_89

Why would you want to change it back? If it works I'd leave it alone, if it doesn't I'd be surprised if you were ever pulled over for not having daylight drivers.

I had an aftermarket kit added to my 06 Beaver. I had written to Monaco about it and they very kindly sent me a photo of where to install the part (a plug in module) and the part number. The part was around $50, so it seemed a no-brainer, until I looked at my coach. The photo they sent of the wiring bay (driver's front corner) was very different than what I had. Monaco, infact most MH manufactures were (are) terrible for this. They'd make a bunch one way, then get different parts and make the next bunch a different way.

As I said, if it works, leave it alone, and if doesn't work, ask yourself if you care. One thing I can promise you, your MH will give you LOTS of things to tinker with.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #5

Thanks to all that sent a reply, I will decide once it warms up what to do as it is to cold now to worry about it.
Thanks again
Woody _89
Woody_89 is offline   Reply With Quote