Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2016, 12:08 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Recommend Shop for Roadmaster RR10R Chassis Service - Southeast Michigan Area?

Can anybody recommend a shop that does QUALITY work on Roadmaster chassis anywhere near Southeast Michigan? I'm looking for somebody with expertise and experience to take a look at my coach. Basically, I'm looking for a "tune-up" .. front end alignment (seems to pull a bit to the right), ride height checked and properly set (seems to "droop" a bit in the rear).

I also want the Valid Air Leveling System checked (I had issues with a failed rear controller, a cracked rear manifold and 2 failed check valves - that were repaired over the past 6 months). The repairs were apparently successful - things air up and down ... however the system behaves different in the wake of the repairs. For example, prior to the problems - the air leveling system automatically went into "Travel" mode when the engine was started. Now, I have to remember to manually put it into "Travel" mode.

I've had a nearby Freightliner center do some work (the local International truck center wouldn't touch it). They missed the crack in the manifold. The dealership worked on it and was able to address the manifold issue - but that's when the it stopped going into "Travel" mode when the engine started. I'm hoping to find a shop that truly specializes in chassis work.

Any suggestions? I'm located in Metro Detroit - but would be willing to travel a bit (perhaps northern Ohio or northern Indiana?) if that's what's needed to get it to some real experts.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2016, 07:10 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
What a timely post. I just picked up a great lead on a Monaco Service Center highly recommended. It is a top notch facility with veteran service mechanics from the RV industry. I apologize that I failed to write down the name, but the phone number is 800-435-7345 and they are located in Decatur, IN (just south of Ft. Wayne) . The other thing that is interesting about your post is I am planning to make an appointment with this service center to go through my whole air suspension system. I don't currently have a problem, but I want a qualified Monaco tech to tell me what kind of shape it is in and and do any preventative maintenance. I hope this helps. ~David
Vt dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:34 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vt dave View Post
... I just picked up a great lead on a Monaco Service Center ....the phone number is 800-435-7345 and they are located in Decatur, IN (just south of Ft. Wayne).....
Thanks for the lead! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond ... we arrived back in metro Detroit late Friday 11/11 after a two+ month long trip out to Arizona - and have been six kinds of busy cleaning and winterizing the coach along with getting things whipped back into shape at home before the cold weather sets in.

That said - I finally got a chance to start digging into this! From the looks of it - the 800 # you provided is the American Coach customer service # which is one of several brands that are now part of "the Rev Group". They apparently operate on Indiana Service Center located at 1420 Patterson Street, Decatur, Indiana 46733. All this information (include mention of the 800 # you mentioned) was found at the following website: Motorhome Manufacturers REV Class A and Class C Motorhomes

I intend to give them a call regarding my issues on Monday.

Thanks again!
Old 11-20-2016, 07:18 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome home Norman,
Thank you for this information. Please keep me posted on what you end up doing. I would love to find a reliable service center that knows Monaco / Roadmaster chassis.
Good luck to you.

P.S.
this is my email address if you ever have questions (I check this every day) dave7vt@gmail.com
David
Vt dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You could check out a Cummins Coach Care facility near you in New Hudson, MI.
Cummins Bridgeway
54250 Grand River
Old 12-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vt dave View Post
What a timely post. I just picked up a great lead on a Monaco Service Center highly recommended. It is a top notch facility with veteran service mechanics from the RV industry. I apologize that I failed to write down the name, but the phone number is 800-435-7345 and they are located in Decatur, IN (just south of Ft. Wayne) . The other thing that is interesting about your post is I am planning to make an appointment with this service center to go through my whole air suspension system. I don't currently have a problem, but I want a qualified Monaco tech to tell me what kind of shape it is in and and do any preventative maintenance. I hope this helps. ~David
Thanks for sharing this info. As a new owner of an older Monaco coach I was looking for this info.
SCinMI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, service