Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #1

Ride height question

Hi All,

Trying to understand what is going on with my coach(2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder). I had the ride height adjusted a few months ago. Today, however, after starting the coach and letting it air up in travel mode, I went out to measure the airbags and the right front was about an inch less then the left front.

Assuming I let the coach air up long enough, shouldn’t these values be identical for a coach at rest?

Thanks!

Rick
kb1flr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #2

Id drive it around and Measure again. Sometimes mine seems to come up unlevel until i drive it. Or maybe you developed a leak in the low bag, spray some soapy water on it.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:08 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The front axle uses a single ride height valve so if it is bad or misadjusted both sides would be low or high the same amount.

The rear uses two valves and if one is out of adjustment it make the front lean. I had a bad Travel solenoid on my rear HWH manifold where the air could not get through it to let RHV adjust air to left bags making my coach lean heavily to the left. I mention this so you do not get too focused on the front end and look closely at all components.

See if you can add and remove air from the bags with the HWH in manual mode. That will tell you if the bags are adjusting and holding air properly or if there is an issue with the air getting to the bags.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #4

Mine has 2 ride height up front 1 in back. Guess theres no standard used for this.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:14 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Is the total of both front measurements 18”? Were the rear measurements off the same amount? If you turn your rig around and park in the same place do the measurements reverse?
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:37 PM   #6

Yea, cycle it down (dump it) and let it come back up a time or two and recheck. Level ground of course.

Or as above, drive it and or reposition it and recheck.

They are not always dead perfect but are pretty consistent one you move them a little.
Windecker
RV #5 1999 Monaco Signature Slide ISM 11 450
RV #6 2005 Monaco Executive 43PBQ Detroit Series 60
Honda Fit, Odyssey or Cargo trailer in tow.
Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:47 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_C View Post
Mine has 2 ride height up front 1 in back. Guess theres no standard used for this.
Yep? '02 DSDP had two front, one rear.
Present '09 CC has one front, two rear
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote