RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Roadmaster Safety Update By Brazel's

In regard to replacement trailing arms please see this PDF from Brazel's RV Performance.

Upgraded Design

DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #2

replaced trailing arms

I have a 2009 Safari Cascade and just replaced the trailing arms bcause of the faulty ones from the factory. I feel a lot safer now and the handling apears to be better. I can now go on the 7500 mile trip without worrying that my rear end would fall out due to substandard material provided by Monoco.
The cost was about $3000 after shipping and tax at Iron Horse RV in San Antonio.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
do you recall how long it took to replace the trailing arms?
virg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
JSW

I see you had your trailing arms replaced by Iron Horse RV in San Antonio. I have contacted them about my Holiday Rambler Ambassador. Their price quote was $3,150 for replacing the arms. My question for you, were you pleased with the work?
JSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #5

Trailing arm

I have a Monaco Cayman 2009, bought last year and I broke a right trailing arm on road before Quebec, Canada and Florida. Now I am in a garage in a little town of NY since one week. I wait for the replacement parts and the garage quote to me $6200 for the job.
Plane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane99 View Post
I have a Monaco Cayman 2009, bought last year and I broke a right trailing arm on road before Quebec, Canada and Florida. Now I am in a garage in a little town of NY since one week. I wait for the replacement parts and the garage quote to me $6200 for the job.
Wow sorry for the bad luck on breaking a trailing arm. That quote sounds very high to me. I had the trailing arms installed a few years ago and the price came to just under $3000 installed. I guess in your situation you don't have a lot of choice. Best of luck to you!!

Chad

onechaddude is online now   Reply With Quote