Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #1

AAA, CoachNet, or???

We are newbies to the RV world. Our AAA is up for renewal and they offer RV Plans as well.
We would appreciate any feedback on these two organizations and your experience of the services.
We pull a 22' TT with a Toyota Tundra.
Thanks!
LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Going to follow your post because we have the same question. Have towed a 24' TT for the last year and a half with just our fingers crossed, LOL. Have basic AAA but have been eyeing Good Sam as well. Just have not done the leg work yet to compare plans and pricing.
browneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #3

I just let my Good Sam roadside assistance lapse and after looking at AAA, Coachnet, and FMCA, I think I'm going with FMCA. FMCA appears to cover a little more than AAA and Coachnet is way more expensive.
Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:45 PM   #4

Interesting; I tool a look at the FMCA website. Looks to good to be true. so now to find out who likes it and why as well as vice versa.
LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, I now have a growing spreadsheet comparing 4 levels of AAA, 3 for Good Sam, and FMCA just looks so simple, it's hard to believe it! I know FMCA is now "admitting" those of us without Class A's - but will I feel like a fraud with that fancy sticker on our current TT or our future 5th wheel?!!
browneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #6

My AAA renewal is due and was wondering if they cover anything with a travel trailer, i.e. flat tire, lockout or some sort of trailer towing if the TV needs a tow. The answer I got from AAA was that they DO NOT cover the trailer at any level. The trailer will be unhooked from the TV. I hate to have two memberships but have multiple cars and kids on AAA.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:33 AM   #7

Been with Coachnet for many years and totally satisfied. Used them 5 times service was excellent. When you are on the side of the road you want good service. Coachnet has provided that each time.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
My AAA renewal is due and was wondering if they cover anything with a travel trailer, i.e. flat tire, lockout or some sort of trailer towing if the TV needs a tow. The answer I got from AAA was that they DO NOT cover the trailer at any level. The trailer will be unhooked from the TV. I hate to have two memberships but have multiple cars and kids on AAA.

Hey Joe, is that with the basic AAA card of the AAA Plus RV card?
I have the Plus RV card and assumed it would cover a trailer. Yes, I know what happens when you assume. [emoji3]
I got it because they said I needed it to cover our motorcycles. I guess I better look into that.

Thanks
Murf
Murf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:39 AM   #9

I have always been happy with AAA for our cars but not for rvs.

We called them twice for lockouts with an old class A (lock broke once, and once jammed) and they were useless. 3rd time was a chassis issue and they could not tow me and said they need to send a mobile mechanic, I got the coach moving myself.

Last renewal we moved to coachnet.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #10
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Been with Coachnet for many years and totally satisfied. Used them 5 times service was excellent. When you are on the side of the road you want good service. Coachnet has provided that each time.

X2. You should always try and go with a rv qualified towing service for best results.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:11 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
8 years fulltiming, 7 calls to CoachNet. Four small service calls that cost me a few bucks, and three tows of 40, 50, and 10 miles that cost me exactly $0.00. At every step, CoachNet was timely, competent, and highly professional. I recommend unequivocally.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote