Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #15

My Mom was ill before my birth. Lived until she was 72 but had Alzheimer last 12 yrs. plus advanced diabetes. Dad's retirement years were caring for Mom as full time care giver. After Moms death Dad went blind. Lived another 10 years before liver cancer took him.
Gf's Mom had first heart attack at age of 48 and died. Her Dad had 5-6 heart attacks and stokes and died at the age of 60

I retired 2 months shy of 50th birthday.........4 years later GF retired at 50
Ordered new truck & 5th wheel and started downsizing. 2 1/2 months later truck/trailer arrived and we looked at each and say GO!
Had an estate auction....sold everything. For Sale went up on house week prior. Person at auction made offer.......we closed escrow 30 days later and we was GONE.

FTd for 7 wonderful years until life thru a curve and we came back off the road and bought a small S&B with great neighbors in 2014.
Since then we have knocked that curve ball out of the park and enjoying 'camping' but we still get itchy feet for FT Travel.

I've been retired for 14 years and GF for 10 years.
Man if I had only known retirement was this good I would have done it earlier
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2017, 10:26 PM   #16

I am just short of 50 and semi-retired, my wife is a bit younger than I am, she works full time at a local government job and gets over 30 vacation days per year, which increases by about 2 days each year. In my first year of owning a class A coach I have spend about 50 nights on the road, about 1/3 with my wife about 1/3 solo, and about 1/3 on weekend trips with my college age son.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:09 PM   #17

I retired 6 years ago at 55. Wife is considerably younger and is eligible to retire now, but wants to wait till next year to increase her benefits package. We travel as much as we can within her work schedule. Looking forward to the day we can leave on trips when we want too, if we want too and come back when and if we want too. We're looking for the day we can practice the "home is where you park it" life style.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
We did it

54.....I retired June of 17 and the wife works remote a day a week. So far it has been a great time, but definitely feel guilty at times. As stated earlier health care is some we continue to be concerned about.
Itsourtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #19

We have been planning early retirement for years and I hope to do it next year. My demographic is Childless by Choice and I'm trying find people that chose the lifestyle too. No kids or grand kids not a lot to talk about with people that have them and that's all they talk about.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
We have been planning early retirement for years and I hope to do it next year. My demographic is Childless by Choice and I'm trying find people that chose the lifestyle too. No kids or grand kids not a lot to talk about with people that have them and that's all they talk about.
ME ME ME!!! Where are you? Come visit! You are my peeps!

We are heading to Bella Terra tomorrow then TX for this winter.

Worst case, plan on meeting us at NKK International this summer :-)
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:28 AM   #21

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
I retired last November at 57 after a combined 31 years of military and Federal service. One of the reasons was so my wife and I could travel more while we still had good health.
mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
BTW, the RV health insurance folks have their website updated with what’s known so far for 2018:
Main - RVer Insurance Exchange
Old 10-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
ME ME ME!!! Where are you? Come visit! You are my peeps!

We are heading to Bella Terra tomorrow then TX for this winter.

Worst case, plan on meeting us at NKK International this summer :-)
We are in the Cleveland Ohio area. Lucky you I'm jealous ! My coach is in winter storage until spring. We need to start a CBC group for like minded people.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
We are in the Cleveland Ohio area. Lucky you I'm jealous ! My coach is in winter storage until spring. We need to start a CBC group for like minded people.
Haha I should have recognized you from FB, Terry :-). We are friends on there - my DH & I were officially from there until we sold the house this spring. We will pass through for CCF Dr appts in late April & late Oct, probably staying at Findley SP in Wellington.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
We're in that group, and we are full timers. Our biggest issue is health insurance coverage.
VERY CURIOUS...as to what you do about Health Insurance???

Question...Are you "ESCAPEES MEMBERS"??? If so, they are having a Health Care WEBINAR tomorrow. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the link....

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
I wonder how much longer the private sector workers of the country will continue to support early retirement for most government workers...we have achieved or exceeded parity with more folks working for the government than in private industry in some states.

Between health care costs and low investment yields it has gotten a lot harder for private sector folks to retire early. If you dig a bit something like half the population has no significant retirement savings and another large fraction is underfunded. Those folks cannot afford to retire so they will work to or past the 66/67 Social Security full benefit point because they cannot afford not to. Might be why you see so many working full timers.
BINGO ON THAT ONE MR. MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally, in looking back, I could have done much better, however, my wife and I will be fine and looking to FT once retirement hits in few years..GOOD LORD WILLING!!!

Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post

Question...Are you "ESCAPEES MEMBERS"??? If so, they are having a Health Care WEBINAR tomorrow. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the link....
Yes please thanks!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post

https.//zoom.us/webinar/register/WN.sHXmjROCQKzr81Xcl-Obg