Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:19 AM   #1

RV Clubs in Colorado

I am a newbie. Wife and I are thinking of RV'ing after we sell the homestead. Anyway, we're trying to figure this whole thing out. I'm guessing we'd like to have a home base of sorts, in Colorado where my daughter lives. (Not next door, mind you, but convenient to visit.) So I'm looking for seasonal, long-term solution that doesn't cost more than my house with the K-plan thrown in. Are there RV clubs that you can belong to that offer their own campgrounds at a discount, so that we would be able to use one of them for a few months or longer? I think we'd be up for more rustic trips but would like something with pool, hot tub, camp store, showers, other facilities at the home base. No idea what it'd cost, but wondering if they have this available.
RolloMartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow!
Looking forward in reading what others will say as this is a very interesting question.

I will give you a bit.
Sound like you have never camped before and need to do a lot more research before you sell your house and hit the road.
Many people may not like full time RVing and quit after a few months so maybe hold on to your house for the first year or so.

What type of RV are you planning to buy?
Trailer, 5th wheel, Motorhome gas or diesel?
You talk about staying at one spot for a few months or weeks?
If you plan to travel the US you may look into buying into Thousands Trails Club but it has its limits on where and how long you can stay at any one location.

I for one have a home and still enjoy RVing about 4 or so months a year and can go home to recoup and plan the next trip.

If you are military related, retired, served honorable and want to travel with other with similar backgrounds SMART Rving club may be for you.

Most all campgrounds gives some type of discount. 10% AARP, Military, as well one just because you are breathing lol.

So as you can read you still have to tell us a lot about yourself before we can help with better answers.
Age, healthy? A mutli millionaire or on a limited income SSN
Do you already have a bif truck if you plan to tow a trailer or 5th wheel
Have you ever towed or driven a motorhome?

Hope to hear more from you.
IggyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:33 AM   #3

It has been a while since I've done any camping. I've owned a couple of very small towables and camped up in Seventh Lake in the Adirondacks of NY. (Nice place btw.)
We have been going back and forth with Motor Homes (smaller ones) and towables. We like the idea of traveling in a smaller motor home, but would likely still want to tow a small vehicle. Diesel, gas? Unsure. Diesel has the longer life, but I've read that there are emissions issues. So new at this I've got tons of questions. Anyway...
Not a wealthy guy and not military, and would need to buy used. I'm 59 and healthy, so I have a few years to plan this all out. But we could start slow now, as you suggest. We'd like to be able to use Colorado as a base since the daughter is there. Her house is too small for all of us, though and it'd get too cramped if you know what I mean. Once we both fully retire I want to be able to travel for maybe eight months out of the year in the West US and the rest of the time rent an apartment in Central America, Costa Rica or Panama or Nicaragua (if that country ever calms down).
RolloMartins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado