RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #1

Strange Letter from Good Sams

Received a strange letter from Good Sam's to George Paul ( whoever he is) at my address saying they were trying to charge a Mastercard account (Don't have one) with a 4 digit number (????) for my annual dues ( mine are paid through 2016). The membership number they reference isn't mine either. Then it goes on to push their automatic Credit Card Renewal Program. If this is how it works I'm certainly not doing it. This letter was signed by Marcus Lemonis.
I've had Good Sams since 2002 and this is the first time I've gotten a bogus mailing from them. It's left me scratching my head and thinking what is going on??

Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwind View Post
This letter was signed by Marcus Lemonis.

I've had Good Sams since 2002 and this is the first time I've gotten a bogus mailing from them. It's left me scratching my head and thinking what is going on??

Burn it! 👿 and say incantations while doing so! 👺

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

🎓 I always think I know more than I actually do! I'm not a 🚀 scientist, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. 🏩

2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Did it come with a pre-paid return envelope? If so, stick that letter back in it along with any other junk mail you've gotten & can stuff in that envelope & ship it back to them....on their dime.

I have & never was a GS member, but over the past month I've gotten a boatload of mail from them...including a free 1yr membership card that all I have to do is go online/call to activate. If they're going to swamp me with a bunch of propaganda junk mail, they can keep their free 1yr membership.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
IC2

Between Good Sam and AARP, along with Citi Bank, Capital 1 and a couple more, my mailbox has been loaded with junk. I have way better insurance - health, home and vehicles along with credit cards with too high credit lines then anyone needs. It, including any plastic 'membership' card, goes in the prepaid envelopes, if supplied, along with a less then polite note to not send that junk to me. Of course that does no good but it sure does make me feel better
Old 06-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Why would a Nigerian prince need a Good Sam membership? Good Luck on the Romanian lottery. Do notify G.S. immediately.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #6

Junk mail is harder to cure than cancer! After living at the same address for over 47 years, every junk mailer on the planet has my address. Several years ago I sawed off the mail box post and got a private mail box (PMB) with a UPS store. I filled out the required forms with the US Post Office for forwarding only first class mail to the new address. Ha ... junk mail followed me like bad breath. Junk mailers are smart. They send stuff "first class". Long after my forwarding order expired, I'm getting new junk mail still forwarded. The US Post Office must be in cahoots with the junk mailers.

And yes, I'm getting junk "offers" from Good Sam and AARP. I'm not a member of either. At least my recycle bin has something in it for the city to pick up every Wednesday. Is anyone else receiving Harbor Freight catalogs labeled "This is your last issue" or something like that? As I recall, I've been getting "Last Issues" for three years, twice a month!
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #7

I'm hoping the genius that thought of this stupid mailing reads this thread and decides they are making more annoyed members then satisfied members but I'm sure even that wouldn't stop them - a well run smart company doesn't need to use these tactics.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:07 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The advice to return it is the best.

I will give you a few facts.. I have recently changed my Master Card (it is a not a credit card) due to a suspected (And declined) fraudlent transaction. So..If I had had auto-renewal.. They would very likely send me such a letter.

Of course if it was addressed to your house... Well.. I have had things addressed to me,, that belonged in a DIFFERENT CITY entierly.

Send it back in the envelope provided,, With a note "Wrong Address"
Old 07-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
.....If they're going to swamp me with a bunch of propaganda junk mail.........-

That's what Good Sam does. More aggressively, more reliably, and more relentlessly than Customer Service, online retail, insurance services, or any other individual sector of the Lemonis Empire, Good Sam sends junk mail. It is their soul.
JFXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #10

If I hadn't responded with the 15th mailing for their Road Side Assistance why do they still send me letters every month asking if I want it? I have Coach Net. I e-mailed Marcus a year ago telling him he could save lots of money and trees by not mailing all this crap out every week. If I want one of their services I'll call them.
Doo Woper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I agree with Lori. If you want to have fun with them send them coupons to local pizzerias or Chinese restaurants.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:37 AM   #12
IC2

I don't get quite as many as I did but it took several of their stamped and addressed envelopes with a cryptic message on their 'offer' returned to them. Regardless, one will still arrive about every quarter, probably to see if I changed my mind.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:59 AM   #13

I do what Lori does! I have an out box by my desk that I put all the "offers" in, with their pre-paid envelopes. Sometimes I put heavy cardboard in them as well, just for kicks.

I got a bank account for our business about 7 years ago. We paid for ONE order of business checks and deposit slips from a nationwide check seller. (they charge exorbitant rates for "business checks", must be printed on gold filled paper or something). Anyway, each year, I get a renewal from them stating that it's time to renew, since I'm almost out of checks. The first year I stuffed it back in the envelope, didn't sign, didn't select check type, didn't put a return address on the outside or anything. Even included the original envelope as well as some other junk mail. Three weeks later I get several boxes in the mail, business checks, deposit slips, a new ledger, etc. After that I received a billing statement for about $150.00 for all the items I had "ordered". I called them, stated that I never ordered them, they said "yes you did" we have your form right here". I said, fax a copy of it to me. Then they said " we can't seem to find it", or some such, anyway, we didn't pay it. They apologized and said we needed to drive to the bank and have them shred all the stuff. We said, no, in accordance with Federal Postal Regulations, any unsolicited items received in my mail box were mine free! STOP SENDING ME SOLICITATIONS!

The next year, same thing! More free checks! One call, they deleted the bill.

Next year, well you get the picture. We now have checks and deposit slips for the next 30 years or so. They never did get the picture, but I stopped sending them back in the same envelope, just started sending AARP stuff back in their prepaid envelope, and shredded the check order forms. It's the little things in life that make it all worthwhile!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:43 AM   #14

Read somewhere that Marcus said he doesn't make money selling RV's but he makes a lot of money from his mailings.