RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:12 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Question Thousand Trails

Hello all,

My wife and I are soon to be full-timers and want to join Thousand Trails. My question is:

We have downloaded the recent contract and there are several portions that seem rather ambiguous to us... for example,

All of the reviews we have watched state that once you stay in a TCP resort, you must wait 7 days before returning to the next one. However, if you belong to the Encore group, you can go from TCP to Encore to TCP etc without the 7 day wait as you are going from TCP to Encore and that counts as "being out of the system". The section titled "Trails Collection Reciprocal Program" says that

You may stay at one Affiliated Resort (Encore????) up to 14 consecutive nights. After each stay at any Affiliated Resort you must wait seven night before staying again at any affiliated resort.

It goes on to say "If you have a TCP that HAS NOT BEEN UPGRADED TO INCLUDE PARK TO PARK benefits, and yo stay at an AFFILIATED or a TCP preserve, you must wait seven nights before visiting another AFFILIATED RESORT OR Thousand Trails preserve.

This sounds like you cannot go from TCP to Encore and then back to TCP without waiting 7 days to revisit either one.

Can anyone illuminate this for us?????

Thank you for the help...

Jeff and Diane

apopj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by apopj View Post
Hello all,

My wife and I are soon to be full-timers and want to join Thousand Trails. My question is:

We have downloaded the recent contract and there are several portions that seem rather ambiguous to us... for example,

All of the reviews we have watched state that once you stay in a TCP resort, you must wait 7 days before returning to the next one. However, if you belong to the Encore group, you can go from TCP to Encore to TCP etc without the 7 day wait as you are going from TCP to Encore and that counts as "being out of the system". The section titled "Trails Collection Reciprocal Program" says that

You may stay at one Affiliated Resort (Encore????) up to 14 consecutive nights. After each stay at any Affiliated Resort you must wait seven night before staying again at any affiliated resort.

It goes on to say "If you have a TCP that HAS NOT BEEN UPGRADED TO INCLUDE PARK TO PARK benefits, and yo stay at an AFFILIATED or a TCP preserve, you must wait seven nights before visiting another AFFILIATED RESORT OR Thousand Trails preserve.

This sounds like you cannot go from TCP to Encore and then back to TCP without waiting 7 days to revisit either one.

Can anyone illuminate this for us?????

Thank you for the help...

Jeff and Diane

When we first bought our TT membership the TC portion did not yet exist. When that came available we bought it right away. We *WERE* able to go TT to TC with no out time up to Jan of this year when they "fixed" a glitch. You DO NEED to have a TT membership that allows park-to-park travel to go from TT to TC now with no "out time"

We ended up upgrading our membership to one that allows park-to-park for this reason. Hope that helps.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #3

Howdy!

We have a TT Elite Connection which allows us Park to park TT’s. We also have RPI membership which we use to stay at Encore parks at times. I was considering getting a Trails Connection membership. When I asked about it TT’s membership I was told that I could not stay at a Encore Park using RPI then go go a TCP with out being out of the system 7 days. I can go to at TT’s Park. The reason I asked is we can stay at RPI Park off season in Florida 21 days for $19.00 a night. TCP at the same park charges $20.00 and we can only stay 14 nights. We then wanted to move to a TC that was free for 12 days. But because they are both are Encore Parks and in the TC system we can not. We would have to be out for 7 days or go to a TT’s Park. The last time we stay at Encore park using RPI they told us we only had to be out of the park one night and could return for another 21 days. I think I will wait for my RPI membership to expire and maybe consider TC after that.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote