Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #1

Any brewers out there?

Looking for somewhere to brew in SoCal. Please see my blog for more info. Www.roadbrewing.com Click image for larger version

Name:	beer-station.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	151627
TheRowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2017, 07:43 AM   #2

I've been brewing off and on for close to 55 years. Back in high school, beer was the choice and since we were under age, brewing was the best way to put up a stash. After researching the brewing process at the local library, a bunch of us would pool our funds and make a trip o the grocery store. Imagine a few youngsters pushing a shopping cart to the check out line with 5lb.bags of sugar, cans of Blue Ribbon Hop Flavored Malt, and cakes of yeast. We didn't have the equipment of today. The fermentation process was determined by the bubbles rising. Every so often the process was rushed and exploding bottles would fill the cellar.

Later in life, the brew bug hit again and I started back in with good equipment this time and brew stores becoming available, the choices were endless. I brewed for a few years, and began kegging in coke syrup containers, which back in the 80's were available for about $10. This went on until selling the house and moving to a condo.

Dormant for about another 20 years, and getting out of the nightmare of condominium living, I started up again. I had given all my equipment away so I really was starting over. This time, and even to now, I only bottle and not keg. The one thing I did keep was my tap, lines, and regulator. I just haven't moved into kegging as of the moment.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
Sounds interesting. Are you brewing all-grain, or extract? Seems it would be a lot easier to do extract recipes, as far as storing all of the equipment. Or maybe brew-in-a-bag for all grain. I've pondered the idea of taking my brewing equipment with me on a weekend trip, brewing while hanging out somewhere other than the house, then bringing the wort home and sticking it in the ferm chamber to do its business. I would suspect that fermentation is a challenge for you, both for space and for controlling temperatures.

I looked at the blog page and other than the Welcome to Roadbrewing article I didn't see anything that documented the process. I'll be watching though, sounds like it could be fun.
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #4

My preference is all grain, but I am open to anything. As I mentioned in the welcome post, I did not bring my equipment. That's what I hope to focus on; meeting homebrewers around the country and note the differences in process, equipment, and ingredients.

I have not had a chance to brew yet, but am working on scheduling a brew day in the coming weeks.
TheRowlands is offline   Reply With Quote