Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #1

Any Football Fans-College or Pro?

Anyone watch anything over the weekend? I watched several college and one pro game. I'm a Buffalo Bills fan and a Michigan Wolverines fan so I'm pretty diverse in my watching. Plus I'll watch most any game if it keeps my interest. My wife is the football widow on weekends during the fall. She loves football but has to have a book to read when she gets bored.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Both Thom and I have the same reasoning. If we don't play the game we don't watch the game. So no we don't watch or keep up with any of them.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #3

I'm not really a pro sports person. Living in Texas, I watch the standing for the Rangers and Mavericks but seldom watch a game. I might watch a little of a pro football game, for example, I watched about 10 minutes of the Cowboy game last night.

I do watch some college football if Baylor is playing but other than that, not so much.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't watch the pro's but I'm sure you can tell who my favorite college team is by looking at our avitar. See you guys in a month at State College. Have to say it, you guys are looking GREAT! We still have a lot of rebuilding to do and with all the sanctions it's gonna be a while before we're up near the top. Being from MI I take a lot of razzing from the locals but my dad was from PA and my cousin played for the Nittany Lions so I grew up watching and going to quite a few games being my cousin had season tickets. I am a devote PSU fan but I sure like watching as much college ball as I can. Good luck the rest of the season, except of course when you come to State College. Nah, really Good Luck!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Don't watch the pro's but I'm sure you can tell who my favorite college team is by looking at our avitar. See you guys in a month at State College. Have to say it, you guys are looking GREAT! We still have a lot of rebuilding to do and with all the sanctions it's gonna be a while before we're up near the top. Being from MI I take a lot of razzing from the locals but my dad was from PA and my cousin played for the Nittany Lions so I grew up watching and going to quite a few games being my cousin had season tickets. I am a devote PSU fan but I sure like watching as much college ball as I can. Good luck the rest of the season, except of course when you come to State College. Nah, really Good Luck!
Ummm....."GO BLUE" LOL You guys got more than I thought you should have but the NCAA has their own agenda. I'll give Hackenberg credit for riding it out. We'll see how this turns out in a month or so. I'm originally from Buffalo, NY so how I jumped the MI bandwagon I honestly don't know. My dad was a huge football fan and MI was on TV a lot when I was younger so I gravitated towards them. Been a fan for over 40 years. Here's something interesting for you, my father-in-law played for Woody back in the 60's and the misses went to OSU. It gets really interesting in our family come Thanksgiving time. I watch a ton of college. From my hometown UB Bulls to Mount Union, OH (D3) to UD Flyers to any game that's worth watching. It's always good.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post
Ummm....."GO BLUE" LOL You guys got more than I thought you should have but the NCAA has their own agenda. I'll give Hackenberg credit for riding it out. We'll see how this turns out in a month or so. I'm originally from Buffalo, NY so how I jumped the MI bandwagon I honestly don't know. My dad was a huge football fan and MI was on TV a lot when I was younger so I gravitated towards them. Been a fan for over 40 years. Here's something interesting for you, my father-in-law played for Woody back in the 60's and the misses went to OSU. It gets really interesting in our family come Thanksgiving time. I watch a ton of college. From my hometown UB Bulls to Mount Union, OH (D3) to UD Flyers to any game that's worth watching. It's always good.

I'll bet it get's interesting at Thanksgiving time. My cousin played at PSU prior to your FIL at OSU. I'm OLD! It's funny cause my kids are MSU fans so we all give it to each other. PSU isn't playing MSU now so that's a welcome relief. Me as you, I take in as much college ball as I can. Even some good HS games when their on. Some of those are really entertaining as well and you get to see some of the up and coming prospects. Hackenberge seems pretty poised taking over the team as a Freshman but I'm sure there are still plenty of jitters. I was really surprised to see how many walk-ons PSU has. That's impressive and they lead the country in that department. They aren't all DIV 1 players but I'll some will help out the team down the road. I agree sanctions were a little stiffer then expected, at least in my mind but then again I'm a HUGE fan. I don't think what they did to JoePa was right either. The family may get some revenge in their court battle.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Currently my son plays for Worcester Poly Tech. So every weekend we are tailgating at his games. The reason we upgraded to a Class A DP is to follow him around the northeast and upstate New York.

As far as pro teams, the New England Patriots are my team! Both the wife and I are big fans. Every Sunday they play is like a holiday!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm a Miami Hurricanes and Miami Dolphins fan. This past weekend was the best football weekend I've had in quite a while.

Half of our family are over the top Gator fans. It was the quietest Saturday in Facebook history

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post
I'm a Miami Hurricanes and Miami Dolphins fan. This past weekend was the best football weekend I've had in quite a while.

Half of our family are over the top Gator fans. It was the quietest Saturday in Facebook history

Rob
Being a Bills fan I'll excuse the Miami rhetoric. I bet the Gators fans are chewing their collective tails after that game. Good on the "U" for giving it to them. Not a fan of Florida football (any university) but love a good rivalry game no matter who is playing.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #10

I am a Packers fan and my DH is a Broncos fan. pretty unusual coming from Alberta, but prefer to watch "real football" ��
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #11

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Pro football - We are a Redskins (me) and Cowboys (DH) family, but often go to Browns games as Cleveland is closer to us. Next game we get to see is Lions@Browns on October 13th.

College football is WVU.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarcia View Post
Pro football - We are a Redskins (me) and Cowboys (DH) family, but often go to Browns games as Cleveland is closer to us. Next game we get to see is Lions@Browns on October 13th.

College football is WVU.
You mean you're not going to the Bills/Browns game tonight? Go Bills.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #13

My DW and I will be starting the full time life style in a couple of months. She could couldn't care less about sports but I am die hard NFL fan. I had Seahawk season tickets for many years. I have Directv's Season Ticket but we just sold our home and have to be out by Nov 7th so I will be looking for places to catch the games until we purchase our rig and get Directv set up.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I WAS a sports fan....
but this weekend pretty much bummed me out...
LSU, Cowboys, and Texas Rangers went down....
thank goodness for the Saints --- been following them for a LONG time --- went to their first pre-season game - that's how old I am

Tags
fan