RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #1

Any HDPE, Track Daze, Time Trial, Road Course Drivers Here?

I've bought my first RV so I can stop using my daily Benz diesel to tow my track-only car to the weekend events. I'm into this hobby a few years now and it is truly addicting! It costs way too much, consumes too much time, takes up too much room but I love constant improvement.

Driving at the track makes you a much better driver on the road. It also alleviates most of the desire to be crazy when you get to regularly drive a car at 10/10ths at the limit of traction and beyond your own personal goals and prior capabilities as you lean and improve everything from the car to yourself.

I would LOVE any and all advice from those with experience. I'm a total rookie to RV'ing.
*Should I go massive solar or will I just be running my diesel generator all weekend to keep the AC on and cooking going between sessions?
*Should I plan on trying to boondock in the paddock or do you pay for electricity for the weekend?
*What is your strategy on carrying the 1,000 pounds of tools and spares, do you use the basement, stack wheels and tires inside or do you put them on the trailer?
*What is the right trailer for a low budget operation? I've used and may still buy a friend's steel tandem with dovetail and tire rack. Now that tire rack won't matter as much as when I was towing it with my Benz. I currently have a ultra lightweight Kendon Stand-Up, folding trailer but it is only single axle and too scary to tow behind this beast. Bite the bullet and get a newer aluminum tandem one? Tilt or ramps?
*What are you using for TPMS for the trailer tires (and perhaps RV tires)?
*Finally (for now) where do you park when you arrive and why?

Looking forward to finding some others who use their RV for Track Car towing and staying instead of hotels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Front Small Sunbursts Crop.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	272185   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	272186  

Click image for larger version

Name:	'07 S2Ki Enkei Winery F Side.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	272187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Low Barn Behind Fixed 640.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	272188  

sailchessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
driver