Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominvegas View Post
ellenbehr - Didn't mean to overstate it. I agree, first and foremost you're writing your own stories. That's where the fun is, besides, you're going to be in trouble if you start trying to change every time someone gives you a review.
Gotcha! We are on the same page here
ellenbehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
We plan to start making our books available as e-books, but worry about security, folks copying and giving it away for free. How do those of you that publish e-books prevent this? Chuck
I understand your worries -- I'm not sure anything can prevent a copyright breach (I blogged a few years ago about a huge Wattpad breach that resulted in huge amounts of money being lost). When I published my nonfiction book (at the time, nothing else on it was out there) I mostly trusted the professionalism of those who were purchasing it not to share it. Looking back, I think I'd be more adamant (in a friendly way) about how sharing copies with others without proper permission is discourteous as well as illegal (appealing to the character of those who'd buy the book). That's because I figured if the book got ripped off, it would most likely be by those who purchased -- then shared -- a PDF version. It probably happened, but finding those perpetrators is nearly impossible.

Here's what might help though -- this used to be a free service, but since I first wrote about them they've monetized what they do. Still doesn't look very expensive: https://piracytrace.com/ For a fee (based on the number of books you want covered, they'll monitor the Web for any instances of duplication and notify you.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:35 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Lots of fiction writers on the forum. They usually show up when questions are asked about gas mileage.
gfs1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:35 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I think they can be helpful in a number of ways. Character development is one. Organization another. Clearly you don't have to have something like this..

Some people would hate it, others love it. My feeling is, it couldn't hurt.

What I liked about screenwriting software was the way scene devoplemt is "created". What music was playing on the jukebox when the small TV in the corner switched to breaking news and the couple leaving the bar stopped cold in the doorway. Which had nothing to do with what the characters are doing really... just life happening around a plot or scene.
I'm going to check this out -- my hubby just asked what I want for Christmas this year ... Gotta love something that doesn't take any room up in the RV, right?

You actually picked the perfect example for me, as "stage setting" is something I have to work hard at.

Question: How easy is it to move from stuff from these forms into Word? In other words, you've made your notes in the software, in these boxes, but then can you copy and paste them into Word? Or is there a conversion/export to Word or something like that?

Thanks!!
Old 11-21-2016, 11:26 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenbehr View Post
I'm going to check this out -- my hubby just asked what I want for Christmas this year ... Gotta love something that doesn't take any room up in the RV, right?

You actually picked the perfect example for me, as "stage setting" is something I have to work hard at.

Question: How easy is it to move from stuff from these forms into Word? In other words, you've made your notes in the software, in these boxes, but then can you copy and paste them into Word? Or is there a conversion/export to Word or something like that?

Thanks!!
Why not try the free demo download first?

But to answer on export - I'd say most if not all will get you to Word format with a couple of clicks.

With screen play the layout is standardized and it seems nobody will look at one that isn't in that format. So it's pretty important to frame your work properly.

Since I'm only aspiring and not published.... I don't know any more than the next guy, but I think anything that helps with the creative process is good. Especially if it's not expensive!

WriteItNow is $60 to download so maybe buy this for yourself and give your DH the jewelry list. It doesn't take up much space either!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1479751703131.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	144882  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #34

First draft done. Message sent.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Why not try the free demo download first?
Great idea! And thanks for your answer to my question about it. I don't do screenplays, but the program looks like it's pretty versatile for that price.

Merry Christmas to me
Old 11-22-2016, 10:57 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider1046 View Post
Woohoo!!

Message answered
Old 11-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Great idea! And thanks for your answer to my question about it. I don't do screenplays, but the program looks like it's pretty versatile for that price.

Merry Christmas to me
Yep. Even if all it does is help you think about writing a little differently - at that price it seems like reasonable entertainment, education, and possible inspiration.

“There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.”
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 12-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider1046 View Post

Quote:
Woohoo!!

Message answered
Once upon a time there was a Nigerian Prince...
Old 12-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #39

Quote:
Once upon a time there was a Nigerian Prince...
Okay, that's a start !
Old 12-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #40

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Okay, that's a start !

Who used his computer....
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:16 AM   #41

I am a newbie. I have illustrated one published childern's book and self-published one. Did illustrations for another middle grade historical fiction. I am in the process of another children's book written by me but I am mainly, at this point, an illustrator. I am not a good buisness person so far, however. I just like making the books......I was wondering if there might be other children's book writers/illustrators on here too. I don't even have an RV yet..very new.
MKOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:39 AM   #42

Any writers of fiction,non fiction, published or non published? Self published

That's awesome. Good luck with the illustrations. Have you checked into any writers groups in your area? That's a good place to meet others in the same genre.
tominvegas is offline   Reply With Quote