Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #1

Bluegrass jammers? Calling all acoustic strummers

There's already a thread about musicians, and I posted in that discussion. But it didn't get us in touch with the folks we hoped to meet. So, I'm putting the call out for acoustic musicians who like to jam. Not just bluegrass, but folk, country, old timey music. We'll be down at the Thousand Trails in Sunriver this weekend, and if anybody is around, we'll be jammin' . I'll keep posting as we move around the country. Making music together is one of the best ways to make new friends.
Trivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:28 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivian View Post
There's already a thread about musicians, and I posted in that discussion. But it didn't get us in touch with the folks we hoped to meet. So, I'm putting the call out for acoustic musicians who like to jam. Not just bluegrass, but folk, country, old timey music. We'll be down at the Thousand Trails in Sunriver this weekend, and if anybody is around, we'll be jammin' . I'll keep posting as we move around the country. Making music together is one of the best ways to make new friends.
We're at the opposite end of the country from you at the moment, but we recently retired and will be making frequent cross country trips (including Bend, OR) to see grandkids beginning in August. I play some bluegrass bass (travel with a little acoustic MicroBass) and would love to find others to play with. I'll follow this thread and watch for possible opportunities to meet up. Or...let me know if you make it to TN some day..... What instrument(s) do you play? --Alan
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrask View Post
We're at the opposite end of the country from you at the moment, but we recently retired and will be making frequent cross country trips (including Bend, OR) to see grandkids beginning in August. I play some bluegrass bass (travel with a little acoustic MicroBass) and would love to find others to play with. I'll follow this thread and watch for possible opportunities to meet up. Or...let me know if you make it to TN some day..... What instrument(s) do you play? --Alan
Hi Alan...stay in touch. We'll be in Bend most all of August. We have a pretty lively BG community here. I play Mando and my husband is learning the bass.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivian View Post
Hi Alan...stay in touch. We'll be in Bend most all of August. We have a pretty lively BG community here. I play Mando and my husband is learning the bass.
We'll be in the Bend area from 8/25 to 9/5 and then heading south toward Southern California from there. My wife doesn't play, but she serves cocktails! It would be great to connect up at some point for some playing and conversation. As you tighten up your plans, keep us in mind.
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If a bluegrass player ever finds themselves near Encinitas, CA on a Thursday evening around 6 or 6:30pm, there is a great jam session at the Round Table Pizza, 1321 Encinitas Blvd.

Jason Fredrik Weiss Practice
Old 06-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #6

My favorite type of jam is a regular parking lot picker's jam, where the musicians sit in a circle and take turns calling a song and taking a break on it. Many of the other jams are really open mic performances which are a lot less fun for someone like me who doesn't really sing. But I like to attend those open mics and to support local music