Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bluegrass and Gospel. If you happen to be in S.E. Georgia (Savannah/Brunswick area) I am roughly 3 miles north of I-95 exit 49, Cathead Creek RV park.

The next few thursdays (Till 12/18) we have an evening service, lots of music, (usually 4 group pieces, plus one to 4 solo pieces) on 12/18 I get to sing a solo, plus there will be a professional gospel group here.

And then they have their regular Sunday Morning edition. That will continue (however 12/18 is the last scheduled Thursday Evening I am sad to say)... I sing elsewhere on Sundays.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2014, 04:32 AM   #16

ok i just saw Russel More last week
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:44 AM   #17

If your listening to Sirus Bluegrass Junction listen for Phil Leadbetter new CD The Next Move, it's moving up the charts and is packed with pickers.. We recorded the project in our studio here in Nashville... It was released in October and is on about every major bluegrass chart... check it out Prescription Bluegrass CD Reviews: CD Review - Phil Leadbetter - THE NEXT MOVE

January 31st 2015 if your in the Knoxville area he is having a huge CD release party and most of the players on the project will be performing.... it's going to be a great time so, if your in the area or passing through drop me a note and I'll give you the details.
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
great bluegrass in the Spring

Check this out for Indoor Spring festival in Nebraska
This will be the 15th year of great bands, great food, jamming, and a good time.

North Platte Country Bluegrass Festival - Home
Old 11-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Check out Festival of the bluegrass at the kentucky horse park near Lexington ky in june and Poppy mountain in Morehead ky in September. Have been going to the FOB off and on for the last decade....my sister has been going 3x that long. Nice park....good time. Haven't been to poppy mt. In a while.
1kycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm born and raised in the hills of central West Virginia. That qualifies me as a bona fide hillbilly. Never learned to pick, but sure do love to sit and listen. On trips back east, it's something we always look for. Thanks, guys and gals! \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #21

Rexhall Owners Group
Every October the Museum of Appalachia just north of Knoxville, TN has a 4 day festival with lots of jamming all over the grounds as well as stage performances. Woodbine, GA has an Opry every Friday and Saturday night with all players welcome.

Lots of festivals all over the country. Google and searches of local papers usually will get to more than one.

Don't play well enough yet to feel comfortable participating, but try not to miss an opportunity to hear the music live!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:20 AM   #22

what was the one last month i think in kansas i think something like jersulam
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:29 AM   #23

We have been to Branson Missouri Shows - Best Branson Shows - Silver Dollar City Festivals several times and stayed at Compton Ridge Campground: Branson Missouri RV Camping when they host their fiddler's convention. Lots of music during the day at the Park and then jam sessions every night in the campground.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #24

Check out a nc bluegrass band called nu-blu. Really great music
vol445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Headed to South Texas for a week, will be around Mission and McAllen playing at all the RV parks. Hope to see some of you around there.
johnzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
vol445: Nice tight harmonies ... very nice! How are you connected to the band? \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #27

New Horizons Owners Club
Waldo, FL Dixieland RV Park has a 1 week Bluegrass Jam every year in February. We were there last year had a great time.
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
vol445: Nice tight harmonies ... very nice! How are you connected to the band? \ken
I'm not. The song was one I wrote.
vol445 is offline   Reply With Quote