Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #1

Buying & Selling

We became acquainted with internet auctions when we were in the process of selling our “stuff” prior to going full-timing. We were already registered members of eBay & PayPal and had established good records with them so continuing to use their services was very easy for us. We specialized in small things which were easy to make room for in our large basement. Our source of merchandise was acquired from weekend yard sales, estate sales, and to some extent, flea markets. Old postcards became my specialty and required some in-depth research to learn how to date them or be able to recognize a certain famous photographer. Next is old fishing lures. To my surprise this became the most profitable once I learned who was still in or out of the business. Hard cover, soft cover, and audio books especially those of historical value or those in series can be profitable when found at low yard sale prices. Learning the USPS fees for mailing them will enhance your ability to make a good profit. Military memorabilia will always turn a good profit but is becoming hard to find. I once brought a cigar box full (38) of old PGA Pin Badges for an average of $1.00 each. I sold every one of them for an average profit of $8.75 each. At an estate sale I brought a box full of old books - sight unseen - for $20.00. In the bottom of the box I found 350 old postcards. The top selling one went for $35.00. Everything else was pure profit. We always sell our items at eBay auctions because the excitement comes in watching the bidding.

FastEagle
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!