Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Composers/ Arrangers and other musicians

I have a mini-studio with me on the road so I can still compose and arrange when we are travelling. I have a MIDI keyboard and use the IK Multimedia iRig MIDI to connect either my iPad or iPhone running GarageBand. Not much for jamming any more (although you might be able to talk me into it), but you may see me sitting at a picnic table with headphones on from time to time.

I write for film and other soundtracks. If you would like to take a listen, you can hear some of my work at Soundcloud.

Anyone else have a little studio with them?

Enjoy!

Michael
TheRVManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well... I carry a portable RECORDING studio, but not anything you could compose with.

I do church choirs a couple times a year and other things like that.

Last "Job" was a middle school band live performance. One of my fellow choir members was one of the performers so I wore the Binaural mics and recorded it live, burned a half dozen CD's for her. That is the lowest level of what I can do.. I have hardware much better than what I can fit in my pocket.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #3

Michael
I have all my stuff with me (sound card laptop, mike) but haven't used it yet. I'm a touring artist on a two year tour of the US.
I usually just use the dictaphone feat on iPhone for my ideas right now.
Check out my stuff at http://Sofiatalvik.com

Good to hear there's other musicians out there!

Cheers
Sofiatalvikw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Sofia ---

I enjoyed listening to some of your tracks! How far into your two year run are you?

I considered a laptop as well, because I could load all the same software I use in my home studio. But, the smaller footprint of the iPad is very appealing in our MH with no slides and I can easily transfer anything I write on the road to the home setup. I think it will work just fine for me and it will help stay out of the way of DW. :-)
TheRVManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #5

I'm about 1,5 month into touring. We don't have any slides either. But I still needed the laptop to do all the work with booking shows, pr etc
Sofiatalvikw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think we probably have lots of musically inclined members. I have a band and we occasionally camp during festival season. Recording waits for winter months and much needed downtime. There's just to dang much to do when the weathers good

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thom plays many instruments. Used to be in a band when we lived in Florida. He also has DJ'd and KJ'd. He's also been on the stage, in a movie, medieval fests, renn fests, pirate fests.

Might just be easier to say that he's an entertainer. He enjoys performing either with a script or without one.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #8

That is so funny that you do that too. Here I thought I was the only one. Every time we travel I take my simplified version of my studio with me. (laptop with M-Audio, midi keyboard and headphones) It is the only way to travel.
HitTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A year ago I decided to get back into guitar and my old band got back together after 45 years to do a gig back in our home town as a benefit for Veterans. I travel full time with my wife and our instruments include 2 electric guitars, amp and effects, elec piano and pa. Never too old to rock.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I always have a zoom H4 with me for recording gigs and new ideas and a Tascam FireWire based studio at home.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote