Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #43

So my local Dive Bar has tap take over Tuesday were every Tuesday a brewery comes in and puts a bunch of there products on tap. Last night was Goose Island $10.00 a beer 8oz for the stout and you keep the glass.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417649157.150144.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	837.0 KB
ID:	80458

This is one of my favorite Stouts. Brewed it myself.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #45

I'm not a beer connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination, despite originally being a UK citizen - the family were staunch Methodists!

We have a couple of small craft breweries here in Anacortes which sell their stuff mainly to a couple of local restaurants. I used to drink Guinness, but have lost the taste for it. These days I prefer Porter. One of the best in the local supermarket is Scuttlebutt, a brewery in Everett, WA. Black Butte (Oregon) is pretty good too.

In my younger days, I was more a cider drinker, and was surprised to find no cider in the stores when we came out here in 1968. It's suddenly become fashionable recently, but what's on the market is so sickly sweet. I'm hoping some of the much drier ciders from the UK make it into the US market soon.

I remember, before we emigrated in the late 1960's, going into a pub in the UK west country, where they have "scrumpy". It's about 20 minutes away from becoming cider vinegar and really cheap. It was about 15 cents a pint. You could get bombed out of your skull for less than $1.00!

Beware the current "Stongbow" on the US market. In the UK, that brand is quite dry (maybe about 5% sugar). The US version is brewed in Belgium for Bulmer's Cider Company (US) and is over 15% sugar. If you liked the UK version, steer clear of the US one.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthwindrider View Post
Dead guy and hazelnut brown ale from Rogue
Big gruesome chocolate peanut butter stout from spring hill brewery and
Fat tire are some of my American favorites but most of my favorites are Scottish and English
Innis & Gunn
Orkney skull splitter
Anything from Williams Brothers brewery
Newcastle werewolf and brown ales
Another Skull Splitter fan! Slainte!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #47

I like to try the local microbrews when out in a new area. Kind of fun to get something not available to me at home.

At home I have my local microbrewery on tap (kegerator conversion on garage frig), usually the Outlaw Lager and the Pale Ale or IPA hooked up on the two taps. Occasionally get a special seasonal variety keg. Here is my local brewery, the owner lives just about 1/2 mile from me in my neighborhood. It is a lot easier to let Rich brew it than try to do it myself:
http://www.sierrablancabrewery.com/

BTW, anyone cruising on I-40 east of Albuquerque in Moriarity, NM; stop in the brewery. It is right off I-40 about 1/2 mile and get some to go! You can also get a pint or two at the brewery, but be careful driving of course.

For a more standard beer, one of my favorites is Shiner Bock. Actually like just about any Shiner product. Visited the brewery there in Shiner, TX and spent over $100 on Shiner memorabilia.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
Another Skull Splitter fan! Slainte!
You know it! Hehe

Have you tried any of the Williams Brothers brews? Kelpy, froach etc.? If not you should check them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
I like to try the local microbrews when out in a new area. Kind of fun to get something not available to me at home.

At home I have my local microbrewery on tap (kegerator conversion on garage frig), usually the Outlaw Lager and the Pale Ale or IPA hooked up on the two taps. Occasionally get a special seasonal variety keg. Here is my local brewery, the owner lives just about 1/2 mile from me in my neighborhood. It is a lot easier to let Rich brew it than try to do it myself:
http://www.sierrablancabrewery.com/

BTW, anyone cruising on I-40 east of Albuquerque in Moriarity, NM; stop in the brewery. It is right off I-40 about 1/2 mile and get some to go! You can also get a pint or two at the brewery, but be careful driving of course.

For a more standard beer, one of my favorites is Shiner Bock. Actually like just about any Shiner product. Visited the brewery there in Shiner, TX and spent over $100 on Shiner memorabilia.
My wife and I are the same way, everywhere we travel we hit the local brewery, winery's and whiskey distillers when possible. In 09 we toured England, Scotland and Wales and did a scotch tour and this past June we did a beer and whiskey tour in Ireland.
Here in the states over been to over 30 wineries and 13 breweries so far (we've only been married 5 years lol).

I got a home brewing kit for Christmas last year but haven't been able to try it yet but I hope to start in the next month or 2 while recuperating from my surgery on tuesday
Old 12-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #49

My husband, Dean has been enjoying the 12 taps in the Shell Fuel station across the street from our campground. He just pops over on his bicycle to fill his growler. $12 for any beer.

Rose
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1840.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	80503  
ROSE K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK View Post
My husband, Dean has been enjoying the 12 taps in the Shell Fuel station across the street from our campground. He just pops over on his bicycle to fill his growler. $12 for any beer.

Rose
That's awesome. Arizona? So many beers so little time. I think I only had one of those. The Decadent
Old 12-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #51

Mike,
We are in Gold Canyon, Arizona. Decadent is also Deans favorite so far.

Rose
ROSE K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #52

My wife and I share your passion for craft beer. Retired last June, bought our first motorhome, and traveled some9,000 miles through the NE and Canada. Total breweries, 45, top of the list, but in no order, Founders, Three Flyods, Ithaca, Wicked Weed, SwampHead, Pisgah, plus many more. Hope to head west this summer,spending at least 6 months on the road. Currently working on our "breweries not to be missed list".
Anewstage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Fat Tire Belgian Ale
Dogfishhead 90
Guinness - if I'm in the mood for mellow.
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #54

Corona w/lime....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
My current fav is Easy Chair from a local Upland brewery here in Indiana.

We were in Oregon this summer and completed the Bend Ale Trail and visited the Rogue in Newport.

My wife has been a mixed drink person and my sister had her hooked on Lemon Drops which are expensive! During our time in Bend she began trying some different beers and she found that she liked porters and some stouts.Now we visit local craft beer places when we travel and she joins me trying different beers.

we usually have several crafts beers in the fridge and always have the old stand by Bud-Lite also.
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #56

Can't wait. Next Tuesday Fuzzy Baby Ducks and Gandhi-Bot from New England Brewing Co.