Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #1

Gold Sluice update

I took my recycling sluice out in Dessert Country, 18 miles from any water.
Set it up and used it for 6 days, not an once of water was lost.
I recovered 1 1/8 once Gold flakes, not a lot, but paid expenses & and proved my idea works.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	98376  
kekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like fun project - with potential to make $ or even maybe get rich. I'm still looking for a hobby that pays it's on way and is age appropiate.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Hello Kekker, I would love to know more about you system? I need a fun hobby to keep me out of trouble LOL Thank you.
arjjarhead
Wingnude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #4

Thanks all, I have decided to try getting a Patent on it, I have checked every ware, online, catalogs, Gold Hunters Clubs and Magazines. There is just not any out there!
Old 10-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If anyone wants to make one the photograph is rather descriptive, and the design makes very much sense..

Only question:: Were you just shoveling in desert sand or did you bring 'Food' for the sluce with you?
Old 10-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #6

I have a hard time believing "not an ounce of water was lost." Evaporation would account for more than an ounce. And, without some type of press to separate the water from the mud, even more would be lost.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #7

Sluice Water

halfwrite

when MY Sluice is in operation it Wastes NO Water, when you move or leave and recover your water you may loose a Pint to a Quart of water that is mixed in with dirt in the 25 gal barrel. Before you Question someone on things You have not done on a New concept THINK First!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #8

wa8yxm:

I mostly go to DRY River and Streams, AROYAS are great no one looks at them twice.
one we have here is over 80 Miles long with great side cuts into it, the water that goes down it is for only about 3 Months of the year, dry the rest of the time.
I camp about 20 ft from the bank, set up my sluice by my truck, I use two sizes of screen to get rocks out as I load two 5 gal buckets that I take a few feet back to the sluice. I use my Metal Detector to find a spot to dig.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks.. that helps.. As to how to build the sluice.. Obvious from your photos... (At least to me) So patent swiftly because if I can figure it out so can others and some of them may beat you to it.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #10

I did think. I think you first said not an ounce of water was lost, which I questioned. And then I think you said a pint to a quart of water was lost. And now I think that you are impolite.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #11

Halfwrite

Read First, MY SLUICE LOOSES NOT EVEN AN ONCE OF WATER, WHEN GET READY TO LEAVE AND YOU EMPTY THE 25 GAL BARREL WITH THE DIRT IN IT YOU WILL LOOSES FROM A PINT TO A QUART OF WATER.
I went out with 50 gal of water and after 6 days I came home with over 49 gal. as to evaporation, that is part of My sluice. there are other points I did not mention, after I got back I did make 3 improvements that make the ore separation easier, faster, and lose Less Water. I can now set up within 20 min. As far as been rude, you all but called Me a liar, the Sluice recovers ALL its water, I did not say anything about any other part of it. Another aspect of My Recycling Sluice is that when I leave the area ALL the dirt is put back into the Hole, except the Gold.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #12

I see no point in discussing this further. You can not tell me that your sluice loses no water and in the next sentence tell me it loses a gallon out of fifty.

I did not call you a liar, but you know the saying, " If the shoe fits, wear it."

You do need to improve your spelling and grammar.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:04 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
I think what the OP means is that his rig doesn't slop water out. Evaporation, mud yes but no slop or over spill.

I understand it.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:58 PM   #14

Hello Kekker,

I like your design and see the advantages of your set-up. I especially like the concept that I don't have to bend over to process the material since I have numerous issues with combat wounds and a helicopter crash.

I have done gold prospecting as a hobby since the mid-seventies and really enjoy it. Have always used a high banker with plenty of water available or dry washer and also classify my material first. My DW and I are planning a trip out to the southwest and you idea is an elegant solution and solves the problem of water. Thanks for the post and photo's and I urge you to also try for a patent or at least the process.
Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote