Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #15

Woops, that was meant for KathyP
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
We went out on the Oregon Trail last week. Mostly scooting for places to search. Still waiting for old coins!
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I have the Minelab X-TERRA 705. My son who sells them in Fairbanks Alaska gave it to me for Christmas. He also included an additional pickup head that is waterproof that I use around streams, lakes and so forth.

His web site is:

Welcome to Pro Music in Fairbanks, Alaska

The Gold Prospecting Equipment link is down at the bottom of the page.

I love it and it's lots of fun!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #18

anyone going to be in gulf shores this winter, I would like to hunt with someone. jim.
spikermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #19

A little story, Back when I go my Compass Detector 30 years ago I just had it a day or two when I went with some friends to a deserted logging camp in the UP of Michigan. My buddy's MIL got out of the car and started detecting right there. I was watching the whole time. Her unit started beeping right away. I watched as she dug up a half a dozen coins dated around 1895. Needless to say my mouth dropped and I started getting to it. Well I went near what looked to be where the RR tracks were. I was near a apple tree and got a solid beep. I went down into the weeds and found a 1 lb propane bottle. I picked it up to throw it out of frustration, stepped in some bear poop and down I went. It wasn't my day.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There's a lot to be found in "Da UP".
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #21

I have an old Coinmaster 5H/D G.E.B. Discriminator Supreme that still works.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #22

I have a whites dfx 300 and a vx3 whites , takes a while to learn how to read them as there is quite a lot information it is telling you. how to set the programs as they change in different areas. lots of practice.
spikermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #23

I had an AT Pro but got rid of it because it wasn't up to my expectations. I now have a XP Deus on the way. I can't wait to get it!
ZuluTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #24

My current machine is a White's V3i. I have been into the hobby for 40+ years. My best find for 2013 is a 1865 one dollar gold coin.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
We went out on the Oregon Trail last week. Mostly scooting for places to search. Still waiting for old coins!

Falcon190
I'm from Hillsboro Oregon and belong to the Oregon Treasure Trails society in east Portland.
Have a Whites MXT Pro.
Bruce
bruce Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Just picked up a Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX. I wanted to start out on the low side to see if i even liked it. Well i got out for a couple hours the other day and after finding only 5 beer cans i am HOOKED!!! I cant wait to hit the parks this summer!!!
434Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #27

434ohio
Glad your hooked. suggestions find a local club around you. Practice practice practice. Learn what your machine is telling you, Lay down different coins in the grass look and listen what your machine is telling you, use slow swings and overlap the swing keeping close to the ground so your just above the ground but not touching the ground about a 1/2 inch.
and for beginners dig everything your machine finds learn what it is telling you.
If you don't dig pop-tops you will never find gold and silver rings or nickels.
go in parking lots with snow in them people pull gloves of and rings fall in the snow.
Play grounds where the swings are, are great places for rings coins. I hunt all year here in Oregon.
Check out you parks regulations on hunting you can get a ticket for hunting in restricted parks. if you dig holes make sure your you fill the hole in so no one can see you where ever there, Don't do like all these reality programs that are causing the rest of use responsible hunters not to be able to hunt. Use a screw driver to probe for the object, in most cases you can pry it out of the ground with out making a hole.
Other thing is invest in a Pin pointer, Garret makes the best one out there.
Oh the Canadian coins show up as a bottle top, iron, Tin.
Good hunting
bruce Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce Dixon View Post

Falcon190
I'm from Hillsboro Oregon and belong to the Oregon Treasure Trails society in east Portland.
Have a Whites MXT Pro.
Bruce
Nice! I'll look into the Society.
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote