Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Taylors

My first Taylor, if they still made it, would retail for around $3600. I don't throw it around but it is my workhorse. It's got mic dents, some dings on the head and neck and is definately showing signs of having been Well used. It just keeps getting better sounding. (I know the better sounding part is the guitar and not anything I'm doing. )

One of my band members has a classic Martin D-35. It was in pristine condition right up to the evening he missed the strap lock and dropped it on a wooden stage. We thought it was totally destroyed but a very skilled luthier put it back together and did an awesome job. You have look closely to see where it was cracked and where the binding was replaced.

That guitar case is like a prison.

(Hey! That's a great first line for a song...)
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
(That guitar case is like a prison.)

and nobody ever lets me out...
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #31

That guitar case is like a prison
An it won't let my GUI-tar out
I can't cradle it to tell you
What my song is all about
Bozo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #32

So I sit outside my trailer
With my campfire all aglow
And I contemplate the future
With my GUI-tar I will go
Bozo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
how much better this would sound
if my guitar was not in prison
for the key I have not found
Old 07-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadafollie View Post
My husband and i are musicians (drummer, keys, guitar,steel pan, vocals). We are thinking about rving full or almost full time, at least till we decide on a home base. Now in Wa state and the weather doesnt work for us.... Does anyone have info on where there are other musicians and fun places to play? One of our must haves is others to jam and gig with.

thanks for any thoughts....

Deb and Brad (planning an early retirement this coming summer)
Just curious what you found. we spent a couple of winters in Harlengen, Texas and we could find a Jam witin driving distance almost every day. last few years have been in Sarasota, Fl area and have found jams 2 nights a week. I enjoy them all.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
spent some time at this park in Missouri Watkins Mill State Park | Missouri State Parks

during the Fall Music Fest and Back Porch Jam the open the old mill home to a jam fest that you can join in. The place and park are real nice.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikf View Post
Just curious what you found. we spent a couple of winters in Harlengen, Texas and we could find a Jam witin driving distance almost every day. last few years have been in Sarasota, Fl area and have found jams 2 nights a week. I enjoy them all.

I go to McAllen / Mission every year, able to play three jams a day, most every day. At least two jams a day during the winter months.
johnzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Always drag the Ric bass and Ampeg with me - never know when a spontaneous jam session is going to break out! Always looking to throw a few bars with new friends!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #38

Smile Musicians on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadafollie View Post
My husband and i are musicians (drummer, keys, guitar,steel pan, vocals). We are thinking about rving full or almost full time, at least till we decide on a home base. Now in Wa state and the weather doesnt work for us.... Does anyone have info on where there are other musicians and fun places to play? One of our must haves is others to jam and gig with.

thanks for any thoughts....

Deb and Brad (planning an early retirement this coming summer)
I play in Colorado in the summer in the South Fork, Colorado area. It is important to know what type music you play. Bluegrassers hate amp's and don't like country music. Country pretty well fits in anywhere. Gospel has a select crowd. I play with them all. I take an acoustic electric and a Telecaster with me. Never had trouble with the moisture or lack of it because when I'm thru playing I wipe it down and put it in the case.
We play Rockport, Texas area in the winter. Lots of people like to play there. And I mean lots! It's not unsual to have twenty to thirty playing at the same time. Yuck!
Western Swing festivals happen around Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas at different times.
Pull a guitar out at a RV park and you'll find a picker.
xomkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #39

I carry at least one guitar every trip we make. When going to a Bluegrass event, I have two Martin guitars, a custom hand carved mandolin and a 1940 Kay upright bass.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hubby's the real musician

Hi! I saw this thread & thought I'd respond. I play at the piano/keyboard. I played violin & viola for 16 yrs. I've recently taken up cello. In fact our maiden RV trip was to string music camp in St. Louis. Hubby plays classical guitar for 50+ yrs, lute, vihuela, medieval & renaissance winds. We'd love to get a chamber ensemble together.

Melody
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #41

Hey that's a really nice JF1 by Ibanez, I have a Gibson Studio 120th anniversary. I take it on the road, if I had your JF I'd have no qualms about playing that one, those are really underrated guitars. A buddy has one and it really sounds nice. I also have an EJ 200 Jumbo that I take on the road, along with a Fender Blackface Telecaster with inverted control plate, along with several amp's, speaker stands, mic's etc, etc.
Love old country and gospel (Southern)
Jim
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #42

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Saving my pennies for a Blackbird Clara ukulele for camping next year. Made from Ekoa and is just a beautiful sounding instrument.