Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nascar Fans

I am wondering if there are any race chasers out there, like my DW and I? If so let us know. What tracks have you visited? Do you have any camping suggestions in those areas, and if you camped at the track, what are the best camping areas. We have been to Charlotte, Dover, and New Hampshire tracks so far this year. Will be returning to New Hampshire in September. Let us know about your experiences.
14 Tracks and counting. We love it.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I'm going to Brooklyn Michigan in august. Staying at a CG called Irish Hills Campground its on Hwy 12 a ways before the track but not to far away. Going with 2 good friends and their sons, should be a good time.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #3

Race Fans

We've been to Daytona, Bristol, Talladega, Charlotte, LasVegas, California and because we lived in Phoenix for years we've been in that track many many times. Unfortunately, our favorite all-time best camping experience was in Talladega at a privately-owned park that just closed or I would suggest it. It was wonderful, within walking distance to the track, fenced, security, etc. etc. Bristol we stayed at a 'Hicks Farm' and it too was within walking distance. LasVegas and California we didn't take the RV. Charlotte we stayed at Tom Johnson's and at Daytona I can't remember the name but it was a ways from the track and we commuted back & forth.
goldenlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #4

Nascar appears to have it's own RV parks now.. NASCAR RV Resorts campgrounds, camping, day passes, rving
I'm currently staying at the one in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. The park is beautiful and just a short walk to the beach.

Management here seems to be quote poor however.. There seem to be big problems with check in (at least right now).. Most of it seems to surround the park models- people booked into the wrong units, the units are not cleaned properly between stays, and some of the employees here are just plain nasty! There was a cute talent show put on by the kids activity center- and after an old lady with the name tag Sandy went around and accused several people of a parking violation. Kept telling people she was towing them even after they said it wasn't their car.. Just weird!

It's been that way the whole time.. It's a shame that customer service is so bad- 'cuz the park and the seasonals here are absolutely wonderful. We got a buy one get one free week in the park model, but we'll probably try a different park.
rv_playpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #5

Been to Atlanta,Talladega,Darlington,Rockingham,
The Rock was the best Talladega 2nd Atlanta 3rd
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #6

Michigan parked just behind the pit stalls, Charolet Turn 3 infield fence, Pocono infield fence turn 2, and were on our way to Bristol in 2 days but we wont be parking in the infield for obvious reasons. I will let you know how the camping is down there. All of our races have been with Joel who owns starcoachracetours.com. He provides some awesome times and Prevost buses if you don't have your own.
Mvlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvlawn
Michigan parked just behind the pit stalls, Charolet Turn 3 infield fence, Pocono infield fence turn 2, and were on our way to Bristol in 2 days but we wont be parking in the infield for obvious reasons. I will let you know how the camping is down there. All of our races have been with Joel who owns starcoachracetours.com. He provides some awesome times and Prevost buses if you don't have your own.
We are heading down in the morning(thurs) Where are you staying?
419jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #8

Heading to Bristol where is everyone staying down there? First trip in our new to us motorhome!
419jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #9

Shortcut Parking is where we will camp. Heading out in a couple hours.
Mvlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
A Few Shots From Texas 2012 Spring Race

Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
NASCAR is always fun!
Here are some picture of my last visit to POCONO about a month ago.
Can't wait to do it again.

cheers
geo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	georgia NASCAR day.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	23614  
Old 08-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
NASCAR is always fun!

cheers
geo
We were at the June Pocono race as well. We had an AWESOME RV spot in the trackside lot between turns 2 & 3. We put ourselves on the waiting list for this area - hoping that we can get a spot in the next couple of years.

We weren't able to make the August race this weekend, but do have plans to go to both races next year, even if we can't get a trackside spot - there are always plenty of infield camping spots available!

Here's some of our photo's and video's from the June race Friday at Pocono Raceway | Our RV Journey

If/when you're heading to Pocono again, let us know. We always like to meet other iRV2'rs
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
NASCAR is always fun!

cheers
geo
We were at the June Pocono race as well. We had an AWESOME RV spot in the trackside lot between turns 2 & 3. We put ourselves on the waiting list for this area - hoping that we can get a spot in the next couple of years.

We weren't able to make the August race this weekend, but do have plans to go to both races next year, even if we can't get a trackside spot - there are always plenty of infield camping spots available!

Here's some of our photo's and video's from the June race Friday at Pocono Raceway | Our RV Journey

If/when you're heading to Pocono again, let us know. We always like to meet other iRV2'rs

We had an AWESOME trackside RV spot for the June race. Here is a photo from the top of the RV

We put ourselves on the waiting list for a Trackside RV spot for future races, but even if we can't get one for next year, there will certainly be spots available for infield camping.

What was kind of cool, any a little creepy, is the gigapixel camera that Pocono used during the June race. They released it after the race and you can zoom in to nearly *every* seat/location in the track and tag yourself. Well sure enough, the camera caught me on top of our RV, and the DW looking out the front windshield.

2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience

I was the event photographer for this event last weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. It was hot!!!! I thought I was going to fall out. 2 days in 105 degree temps is testing to say the least. Here are a few shots other than the ones of people sitting on the windows frames getting in the cars.

Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote