Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
WHY? You can sit beside any freeway and watch cars go by 2 by two without passing. No racing ! The Gen 6 car is a dud! They can't pass and it isn't racing. Several drivers have been called in and threatened by NASCAR and one got fined 25 thousand dollars for bad mouthing the gen 6 cars and racing this year. Attendance is way down for the 3rd year in a row. So is TV viewing. ESPN and Speed Channel are all trying to pump up the car. Only lead changes take place on pit stops. 43 cars follow each other around AND around until the last 10 laps, then someone tries to make it look like a race. BORING! We've had season tickets for Daytona 500, Talladega and Homestead for years. We are not renewing as this is NOT the NASCAR Racing the fans deserve!
Why? Because I enjoy it. Apparently so too do the other folks who have commented in this thread. You have your opinion. If you choose to no longer participate, so be it. We have our opinions. We don't need to be lectured or chastised because our opinion differs from yours. Enjoy your new favorite pasttime. Go Jr!!
wydglydrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #16

I wonder if anybody on this site has gone to all the nacar races in 1 year in their rv. It would let you travel for a good part of the year.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
EDALLSAILS...The lead can also change as the result of a restart; and possibly on the last lap of the race. :-)

bonzocfi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Packing for Bristol right now. First time camping there, has anyone been in the Landing Campground next to the drag strip? What are the facilities like at the Landing Camp area, all gravel, level, noisy? Any tips?

The packet we received says not to run gererator unless it is vented to the street, can anyone fill me in on that?

Thanks
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Enjoy the week end at the race would love to do Bristol some day that looks like fun from any seat. Promised to take the grandchildren camping the last week end of spring break so headed to the lake here in a couple hrs.
I love the camping at Indy have a great group i had never met when i started camping there.
KylenCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyRV View Post
Packing for Bristol right now. First time camping there, has anyone been in the Landing Campground next to the drag strip? What are the facilities like at the Landing Camp area, all gravel, level, noisy? Any tips?

The packet we received says not to run gererator unless it is vented to the street, can anyone fill me in on that?

Thanks
I'll be staying at the Landing as well. My previous stays at Bristol were at private campgrounds. This is my first time staying on track property. From what I know, only by having passed the track campgrounds on my way in and out, the Landing is nothing more than gravel parking spaces. There are no hookups, but the advantage is the Landing is much roomier than most of the others. When you see how tight they pack the dragstrip sites, you'll be glad you chose the landing. The generator requirement is to prevent generator exhaust from smoking out your neighbor. They want you to use a Genturi or similar means of directing the genny exhaust away from other campers.

The Landing has dedicated trams that will take you to and from the shower facilities, if you choose to use it. It's across from the drag strip on Copperhead Rd, and I'm told it's a very nice shower facility. I haven't used it before, but have passed by it numerous times. If it's as well kept inside as it is outside, it should be fine.

For track access, the trams run by the Landing on Copperhead Rd. They run all day. Some make the full circuit around the track, others make the circuit around all the parking and camp sites. If you don't catch one that loops the track, you can wait where they let you out and pick up another. Depending on time of day, the lines can be pretty long. When the race is over, the line for the trams will require a longer wait than it takes to walk back to the Landing.

I've stayed at dry sites at other tracks that charged a lot more money and don't come close to Bristol in terms of hospitality and making your stay trouble free. Even when I was staying off track property there, I found Bristol went to great lengths to accommodate all the race attendees. I expect to be perfectly satisfied on track property. Hopefully you will, too. Enjoy the race. Go Jr!!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 AM   #21

'Dega bound Friday! Anyone else?
Old 05-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #22

Pocono in June and August for Sprint Cup and July for Indy

Dover in June also.

I'm on the Fan Council for Pocono so look for me if your there, I'll be wearing an official Pocono Raceway Fan Council shirt and JR hat lol
JohnDnNEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Will be in Indy for the week. Have a regular site and group we camp with there. Can not wait for July to get here.
KylenCindy is offline   Reply With Quote