Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #1

Retired Web Designer

I was curious if anyone out there was interested in having a web page, blog or online store.

I'm not talking doing business with you but I am retired with time on my hands and interested in helping others that might be interested in having a web page but think it cost money or too technical.

I like helping via chat, email or Skype. Again this is not an ad for hire, but just an old guy with a hobby that needs a project..

Happy trails out there.....

designbygeorge@yahoo.com
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sent you an email (2, one by iRV2, then I re-read post and followed up with the one listed here.)

Thanks.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
I was curious if anyone out there was interested in having a web page, blog or online store.

I'm not talking doing business with you but I am retired with time on my hands and interested in helping others that might be interested in having a web page but think it cost money or too technical.

I like helping via chat, email or Skype. Again this is not an ad for hire, but just an old guy with a hobby that needs a project..

Happy trails out there.....

designbygeorge@yahoo.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sent you an email (2, one by iRV2, then I re-read post and followed up with the one listed here.)

Thanks.
Hi George. Glad you found something to keep you occupied and also to help your fellow RV'ers out in the process. I love doing web design even though I'm not good at it. I won't code anything unless I have to. Dreamweaver is my friend.

Jarheads never could follow instructions the 1st time. Semper Fi MSgt.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ray,
I don't advertise my web site and I have the index set to "no-follow," as much good as that does. It is just there for friends and family to keep track of us.

Like most "web designers," I plagiarized a lot. Hee hee! Love W3C.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #5

hello george,

i am very excited to read your post regarding helping with websites.

i have an existing website that needs updating. i would also like to be to go in and update occasionally on my own.

please visit www.neverforgetbeslan.org, it is a cause that is dear to my heart and is an on-going memorial.

thank you,
smilingecko
neverforgetbeslan@gmail.com
smilingecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #6

I cant remember when I created this post. But I just run across it and was amazed that there have been reply's. I would be very interested in helping anyone that I can with anything to do web page!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #7

Quote:
I cant remember when I created this post. But I just run across it and was amazed that there have been reply's. I would be very interested in helping anyone that I can with anything to do web page!
Set your profile to have automatic email replies to the posts and viola' you have a reminder that you may have work to do. I still think it's great that you are helping people out like this.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #8

Homeless friend,

At one time I set up the framework for a web page but that's as far as I got. The idea was to have a page accessible only to family and friends that needed to know where we are and a bit about our doings. Sort of a way for them to keep track of the crazy old people (us).

Do you think it is possible to craft a web site so it is open only to invited viewers? How secure do you think it could be? Of course we would never have financial or personal data on the page, but I would not care to have it viewable by the entire world ... especially those pesky bounty hunters. <lol>

M
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Good on you Homeless !!!!

I'm an old mainframe guy that's trying to 'downsize' to the web :-)

If u r up to paying it forward as time permits , I'm up to learning
Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #10

Moonrover it is not too much of a problem to set up a page with a pass word so that only those with said pass word could get into the site. Tell me about this frame work you do. Do you know how to create a page and up load it to the net?

Johnboytoo I like helping people do such things. Give me and idea what you have in mind. If you guys do skype or yahoo messenger, these are tools we can use to get together on such projects...
Old 06-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Moonrover it is not too much of a problem to set up a page with a pass word so that only those with said pass word could get into the site. Tell me about this frame work you do. Do you know how to create a page and up load it to the net?

Johnboytoo I like helping people do such things. Give me and idea what you have in mind. If you guys do skype or yahoo messenger, these are tools we can use to get together on such projects...
My one any only "almost web page" was started several computer generations back on a desktop with Windows 3.0. At that time there were no programs to do the heavy lifting, just a thick HTML tutorial. Jumped into it and I think I was getting the hang, when other stuff in life scarfed up what little free time I had.

In other words the framework of my old web site is probably stranded somewhere on 3.5 floppies. <lol>

Can you recommend a simple web page generating program that will get me up and running? Then once I structure something I'll at least be able to ask for help to give it that secure entry code thing.

I do have have Skype on a laptop, but have not joined Yahoo messenger or Facebook. Although I do use Google's gmail.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #12

Sea Monkey is a new version of the Netscape of the 3.0 era. Another more common web editor might be Front Page
SeaMonkey: Download & Releases

PS: keep in mind I recommend only using programs and host that are free. This stuff don't have to cost you anything. At least not yet! And as advanced as your site would be depends on how much time and energy you put into it.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #13

Thanks ... I'll switch over to the Mac then download Sea Monkey.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I retired from the IT world I went to consulting and managed several Oracle Financials as well as setting up Freightliners SAN. Then I retired again. Then I found a job as security in a retirement center. They allow me to use their Wifi and I spend almost all my time on the Internet. Perfect setup for setting up web sites!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote