Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #15

The ideas are endless lol
Hairfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #16

we have been to a few campgrounds that have some arts and craft flea market to show and sell your wares.....we bought a few hand made gifts for the last holiday and we enjoy seeing the beautiful things that are made.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #17

That sounds so very fun
Hairfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Alpine Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hmm something to keep in mind!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #19

There will be a small RV Quilt camp in the Vacaville CA area March 1-5. For more info please contact me.
Thanks
quiltermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #20

Excel Owners Club
I'm an avid quilter and have been for 42 years. We go full time in Sept. My DH understands how happy and content I am when I'm quilting, so he agreed that I have a custom made sewing unit/storage built for the area where the sleeper/sofa used to be. Fabric, notions, pressing and cutting area all very handy. I've made more large quilts (hand or machine quilted) for us and all those special people in our lives. Now I make lap size to donate to child advocacy groups, military groups, or take it to a long term care home and ask to visit someone who doesn't get visitors---they need a comfort quilt.
"Quilting is life. The rest is just details."
Old 03-15-2015, 11:39 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Alpine Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maddog45 please post phosts of what you put in I'm always looking for good ideas!
Old 03-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #22

Excel Owners Club
I'll try to do that in the next few days.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
We are MH newbies but my quilting just had to find a way into our travels. I've packed my Singer Featherweight with a mat/padded board, a plastic tote with a project & fabrics and a box of supplies. I'm ready. I'm going to make some throws for the MH and then charity projects. MadDog45...I just saw a lady that had a full-sized piano in their coach so you should have plenty of room for your custom sewing studio. You've got a generous husband--Good luck!
Artcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:20 AM   #24

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Valerie, believe it or not it is possible to go from a 3000 Sq ft house to an RV... We built a 900 Sq ft metal bldg which contains an apt for when we are back in Texas. I gave away snd/or sold most of my furniture and we actually downsized nicely. The motorhome contains just what we need.. I am a quilter and I only take with me what I need for one project at a time. This helps me complete the project before I start another one lol!!! My machine sits on the dining table when I want to use it and packs away nicely. I like buying fabric for a quilt from various parts of the country...So I am usually only working on one thing at a time. It works well for me..

Dianne
sunset4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #25

A quilter is what started me looking at Bunkhouse models as an easy way to find a layout that could handle a workspace separate from the dining table... ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:23 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Nothermark--Good idea! I consider that a Bonus Room not a Bunk Room. We considered a Bunk model primarily for extra storage and use the bottom bed for our two chocolate Labs. It would make an excellent quilting studio!
Artcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairfairy View Post
Lol, Thanks, I just can't seem to give up all my machines. A small rv next to the motorhome would also give each of us our space. I love to sew, he loves to watch car shows lol
I say "why not!" Inhave seen this done and set up as an artists studio, woodworking shop, stained glass studio, so why not a quilting studio
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:33 PM   #28

2015 Houston Quilt Show

We are planning to attend the Houston Quilt Show in October. Right now we plan to stay at Lake View RV Park.

This will be our first trip to the Houston Show, has anyone else been there and could you share your experiences, good and bad.

Anyone in this group planning to attend?

Thanks,