Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2016, 06:39 PM   #1

RVing and Photography?

These are two things I enjoy, and wondered if there are many others out doing the same? I realize there are many area's of North America where one can spend a lot of time doing both, as I was just up in Alaska for 5 weeks, and did so there. Have done the same in the Utah area, and I'm sure many other regions will see us in the future now that I'm retired.
Just need to find the right Class A, as we are currently perusing the many diesel pushers out there to find one that works for our needs.

All in all, I've got the camera and lenses, now I just need the motorhome and time to get it all done!

Hoping others out there are enjoying these two activities as well!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
I also love both! I plan our trips around what & where I want to shoot. I shoot mostly wildlife, nature & Astrophotography. Our next trip is in 2 weeks, down to the Everglades. Booked a site at Flamingo campground. We're not retired yet so we're kinda limited to how many trips we can do. We mainly stay on the east coast traveling as far as Key West, can't really do anything further when "real life" keeps calling us back. Looking forward to the day when we can just get up and go & not have a deadline for returning. Someday!
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I love RVs and Photography. I like wildlife, nature and action. I have an 8" Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain, that I mess around with. I have not conquered it yet. But practice makes perfect.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:12 PM   #4

Carolina Campers
RVing and Photography?

So, my RV, and a picture....

The Agave plant takes 15 years to send up a bloom, then the plant dies... This bloom shot up to around 15' in about a week or so. The stock is similar to sugarcanes, and you can peel it and chew on the meat at the center for a sweet treat. They make the Agave sweeter from this plant. The also make Tequila from this plant. Now you know why good Tequila is like gold...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457665397.989106.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	121140
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:18 PM   #5

Carolina Campers
Bryce Canyon;

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457666244.066957.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	121142
Old 03-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #6

There is a thread about Photography in the Hobbies and Passtimes forum:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f249/any-...ere-52523.html
You might want to check it out.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #7
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke2000 View Post
These are two things I enjoy, and wondered if there are many others out doing the same? I realize there are many area's of North America where one can spend a lot of time doing both, as I was just up in Alaska for 5 weeks, and did so there. Have done the same in the Utah area, and I'm sure many other regions will see us in the future now that I'm retired.
Just need to find the right Class A, as we are currently perusing the many diesel pushers out there to find one that works for our needs.

All in all, I've got the camera and lenses, now I just need the motorhome and time to get it all done!

Hoping others out there are enjoying these two activities as well!
[Mod Edit]

Thanks and I enjoy the photos
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Lac,I agree. [Mod Edit]
motcrew12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Nice pictures.
[Mod Edit]
Old 03-11-2016, 08:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
I also love both! I plan our trips around what & where I want to shoot. I shoot mostly wildlife, nature & Astrophotography. Our next trip is in 2 weeks, down to the Everglades. Booked a site at Flamingo campground. We're not retired yet so we're kinda limited to how many trips we can do. We mainly stay on the east coast traveling as far as Key West, can't really do anything further when "real life" keeps calling us back. Looking forward to the day when we can just get up and go & not have a deadline for returning. Someday!
Unfortunately, this is not a good year to photograph wildlife in the Everglades. Winter is normally the wet season there, so the fish and the fish eaters (wading birds and alligators) concentrates in the few areas with permanent deep water. This winter, they had more rain than they do in most summers. As a result, the wildlife is scattered all over, and very hard to find.

As an example, in past years, a walk down Anhinga Trail could result in several hundred photos. This Feb., I barely snapped the shutter. We saw a little more along the Loop Road in Big Cypress National Preserve, ut still far less than in normal years.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:28 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Moderation

This thread was moved from the ORV Owner's Forum to the Hobbies Forum.

Thanks to all for contributing.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #12
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
This thread was moved from the ORV Owner's Forum to the Hobbies Forum.

Thanks to all for contributing.
Thank you for doing this....
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
Unfortunately, this is not a good year to photograph wildlife in the Everglades. Winter is normally the wet season there, so the fish and the fish eaters (wading birds and alligators) concentrates in the few areas with permanent deep water. This winter, they had more rain than they do in most summers. As a result, the wildlife is scattered all over, and very hard to find.

As an example, in past years, a walk down Anhinga Trail could result in several hundred photos. This Feb., I barely snapped the shutter. We saw a little more along the Loop Road in Big Cypress National Preserve, ut still far less than in normal years.

Joel
In my post above, I accidentally stated that winter in the Everglades, is normally the wet season. I meant to say that winter is normally the dry season there. Sorry if I confused anybody. hanks to Ron for calling my attention to the error in a PM.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #14

Carolina Campers
Here is a nice picture of my RV...

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457751000.408308.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	121196

Tags