Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Stamping

My wife is curious if there are any stamping / card making groups on iRV2.com?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #2

KZ RV Club
I enjoy doing that, but live in mortal fear of ink on the nearly white carpet of our coach, so don't stamp on the road!!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Is there something wrong with using your other half as a drop sheet?

Our unit is on the left, anything spilled on her interior just adds to the conversation piece she is. Love her dearly but she is like me old but useful.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
We are not full time yet, but hope not too far in the future. I'm beginning to think about a workstation for my wife's stamps and basic supplies. That way she will be able to continue even on the road... she enjoys it....
rlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #5

Going full time soon. Thinking about taking my wood stamps off the wood to make more room. Going to put paper in the 5chairs we have. And heavy machines where washer should be. Have not yet asked hubby if I can have the area he wants for guns!!!!
GParish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #6

Stamping leather count?

um not stamping like you are speaking of. I work leather... here's a guitar strap I'm working on... it's no where near done but I'll share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HummingbirdColored.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	425.4 KB
ID:	27138  
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My youngest brother plays in this band Bachman & Turner In this clip they are playing the half time entertainment at the Canadian Football League annual Grey Cup Championship Game. This year is our hundredth annual.

If I remember Correctly Mick told us the temperature was 30 below and everyone had a great time Freezing to the music. How much would you charge me to do one that is geared towards the music they play.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
My youngest brother plays in this band Bachman & Turner In this clip they are playing the half time entertainment at the Canadian Football League annual Grey Cup Championship Game. This year is our hundredth annual.

If I remember Correctly Mick told us the temperature was 30 below and everyone had a great time Freezing to the music. How much would you charge me to do one that is geared towards the music they play.

Hi Possum: I LOVE B&T! Always have. PM me and we'll discuss particulars. I have to finish the humming bird... then I have one more before I can start another. So it might be December before I can get to it.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi, Possum,
We have not gone to full time yet, but I do stamping and card making as well as beading. This is one of the issues we are trying to face. How to carry supplies and equipment for those crafts. Right now I have a bedroom full of materials. It is almost as big as the RV! HUMMMM. I am working on how to have work station and storage. Don't have the answer quite yet. I appreciate any thoughts that you have.
Irene
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Irene,

Denise has decided that we can't go full time as there's not enough room for all her hobbies and my metal lathe and milling machine, and the literally tons of metal bits and pieces I'm working on. My DW is very talented at the stamping and card making. Alas my tooling experience ain't all that great.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #11

Oh no. I have been given two great things to use for packing my paper and tools for scrapbooking/card making for use in the rv we are planning on buying (will that day ever come?). In all my plotting and planning, I've forgotten to take into consideration my favorite stamps. And inks. oh my. Back to the drawing board....
Scootingrany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #12

I like to play with paper crafts, rubber stamps, etc. as well. We are newly retired and are going to rent our house starting Oct. 1. One of my daughters is coming down to get most of my craft supplies, sewing stuff, etc. But, I did make space in our Class C on the overhead for enough stuff for me to play with. I also make wire jewelry, so I had to take some of that stuff too. I chose my favorite rubber stamps...that was hard. I have a big room of lots of stuff for collage and altered art and really hate to give it up. And, giving away my awesome Brother Laura Ashley sewing machine really hurts, but I haven't really used most of the stuff much in the last year and figure that I can always pick up new things along the way if I get inspired. :-)

Luckily, my DH doesn't mind hauling around my junk.
stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #13

Well that a really good hobby many people dedicate their life for this kind of hobbies and collect stamps from one era to another.
whitethomas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #14

I do paper crafts and watercolor painting, sometimes on cards. Paper is heavy! I still haven't figured out the best way to carry all that and the beads ( also heavy) and the spinning and weaving equipment and the associated books ....! Actually, carrying isn't the issue so much as being able to retrieve it easily when I want to use it. I'm not sure "easily" is ever going to apply!

We are in a new rig, so are still sorting out how to place things. It's fun in a way but also heavy mental work! Gotta be ready to go south in the next 2 weeks, too. Grin & bear it, eh?

Cheers!
Sue