Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #57

Knife thread is cool. I carry in our coach a Buck Hoodlum survival knife that was signed (engraved) by Chuck Buck at the recent NRA show in Houston. It is just in case we end up in a Zombie campground or something like that.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #58

My wallet, my keys, and my Schrade Old Timer go with me everywhere. This one is just a 2 in blade but does everything I would normally need "on the spot". If I need something bigger I have a Kershaw 6 inch sheath in the tool box.
I have carried one for so long it's become sort of a family joke of sorts. When all the family is together if some one needs something cut its "go ask grampa for his knife"
Old 05-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
My wallet, my keys, and my Schrade Old Timer go with me everywhere. This one is just a 2 in blade but does everything I would normally need "on the spot". If I need something bigger I have a Kershaw 6 inch sheath in the tool box.
I have carried one for so long it's become sort of a family joke of sorts. When all the family is together if some one needs something cut its "go ask grampa for his knife"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
I use to carry an old Timer or a Case pocket knife untill 9/11. I was not permitted to carry one into work anymore so I just quit carrying one altogether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Benchmade is my real knife but as an EMT I also carry a Gerber rescue knife (seal belt cutter, glass breaker and oxygen tank valve wrench in the handle).
I was going through my old tackle box last week and found an One Timer 3 blade. I also have a Gerber Paul 2PW lock-back and a lock-back one with a handle shaped like a Harley.

All but the cycle one are old, but I could shave with all of them.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #60

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I carry two a Leatherman Wave and a Myerchin BF300P: Captain Pro. I used these two on my boat and still carry then out of habit

Fair Winds
Dave
Old 07-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #61

I carry a Ka-Bar Mule 3051
It's a bit heavy...But durable as all get out
Been carrying it since 88....
I need to replace it now
Borrowed it out .......
Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #62

Always with me: TRIM. Nail file/cleaner, knife, bottle opener/screwdriver. It's says BASSETT 81. Small, light and can do many things and can keep an edge. Haven't been without one since 1966 when I joined the Army. Probably have 5 laying around here... someplace.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #63

I carry a small pocket knife that my Granddad gave me years and years ago. When I'm fly fishing, I also carry a Leatherman on my belt because of the pliers.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have probably 6 or 8 multi tools and 3 Swiss Army knives around that I've accumulated over the years. Also two really good quality Leatherman pieces I've received as gifts. I keep those two handy. I have a Case 323 5-inch that I used to carry always in a previous life, and a Buck 315 rigging knife that my father in law gave me. He used it on his boat, I used it on mine, and I keep it around because its a damn handy little thing.

But the two that I carry are a tiny little no-name pocket trim knife (1-1/2" & 1") that was my Dad's, and a Camillus 3" pocket knife I've had for damn near 60 years. These are always in my pockets. Rule #9.

All sharp, of course. The most dangerous knife is a dull one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
... I dont need a knife as often as I need PAT, a 6 lb ball peen...
A 6 lb ball-peen? Holy crap, that's a hammer and a half! I have a 2lb hand sledge I keep around, but.........
2004 Element
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #65

Without exception, I carry a Gerber EAB. I just reverse or change out the blade when it gets dull. I ALWAYS have a razor sharp blade when I need it......and sometimes when I don't. Of course I've required a stitch or two every now and then, but when the DW works in surgery her skills have come in handy.

Gerber EAB Pocket Knife 22-41830
Old 07-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #66

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Leatherman Wave always on my belt.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:32 AM   #67

We always carry a Buck Hoodlum (Signed by Chuck Buck) on the coach, just in case the zombies get thick!!

We love our coach!!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #68

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
machete, Camp knife!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #69

A Mini-Boxcutter on the key chain. It is always there when I need to attack those tough plastic wrapped packages.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #70

iRV2 No Limits Club
i think they are called work of art knives and are now legal in canada
Closed Thread