Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #1

Air Drier and air leaks

For 5 years I have been chasing air leaks and found out the problem was in the Air Drier assembly. After 2 visit to Spartan Service Center in Michigan and 3 stops to Colton Truck Terminal which are great Spartan service locations over 5 years nobody could fine the air leak which after 18 hours had 0 air pressure in the coach. I on at least 8 different times over 5 years and again couldn't find the problem. A week ago the air drier had a major air leak that wouldn't let the Essex build up air pressure. Replaced the air drier and no more air leaks. The air drier was checked by all parties but couldn't find the leak. Looking back the air drier at idle would purge every minute and I think that was the indication that the air drier was bad for 5 years and that was my air leak problem. If you don't have any know air leaks and your air drier purges very often at idle the problem could be your air drier and your air leak. I have read this often about how hard it is to find and fix air leaks. Don't forget to check air drier.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2016, 07:34 AM   #2

Good to know Tom, thanks for posting.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
For 5 years I have been chasing air leaks and found out the problem was in the Air Drier assembly. After 2 visit to Spartan Service Center in Michigan and 3 stops to Colton Truck Terminal which are great Spartan service locations over 5 years nobody could fine the air leak which after 18 hours had 0 air pressure in the coach. I on at least 8 different times over 5 years and again couldn't find the problem. A week ago the air drier had a major air leak that wouldn't let the Essex build up air pressure. Replaced the air drier and no more air leaks. The air drier was checked by all parties but couldn't find the leak. Looking back the air drier at idle would purge every minute and I think that was the indication that the air drier was bad for 5 years and that was my air leak problem. If you don't have any know air leaks and your air drier purges very often at idle the problem could be your air drier and your air leak. I have read this often about how hard it is to find and fix air leaks. Don't forget to check air drier.
Tom, I had the same problem and replacing the air dryer also fixed mine.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:25 PM   #4

Been there-done that. We bought this MH in 2013 and shortly after I heard an air leak. Crawled underneath and discovered the air dryer/desiccant filter had never been changed. Drove to a local HDT repair shop, bought a new one for $35, cleaned the dryer housing of gunk, installed the new one-no more leak.
Last year another air dryer leak. This time it was the purge valve gunked-up and failing to seal properly. Bought a rebuild kit, installed it in about 15 min, no leak.
Now I have an air leak at the rear ride-height valve. That will be cleaned/rebuilt next week.
MH's, a never-ending adventure!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks