Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #1

Does anyone have a source for Cummins Diesel shop manuals (2005 ISL 370?) I want to do basic maintenance but need more info than the Spartan binder offers. I've looked at both the Cummins and Spartan web sites but do not see them available. (I'm so un-mechanical that if I don't have someone giving me hands-on help, I need good photos!) You guys have been great with the help for which I've asked before! Thanks in advance.

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
OpaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #2

Does anyone have a source for Cummins Diesel shop manuals (2005 ISL 370?) I want to do basic maintenance but need more info than the Spartan binder offers. I've looked at both the Cummins and Spartan web sites but do not see them available. (I'm so un-mechanical that if I don't have someone giving me hands-on help, I need good photos!) You guys have been great with the help for which I've asked before! Thanks in advance.

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #3

OpaRon, I too have been searching for an ISL manual. A Cummins rep told me that they no longer print the manuals, they are online. Go to www.quickserve.cummins.com. click on "Create account".You can sign up for nothing, which will basically give you the operator's manual, or, for $50 you have access to the complete service manual.
Happy wrenching!
Dan
Old 07-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #4

I have this service but have not seen any access to what I would call shop manuals.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #5

TRUE, it is a bit tedious to dig the info out-no wonder the shop rate is so high. Further searching showed me the Cummins rep I talked to didn't give me the complete story(ever heard of such a thing?). At www.powerstore.cummins.com I see you CAN purchase a ISL manual for $109. Maybe it is easier to use. I know I like to have the book in my hand.
Dan
Old 07-17-2007, 04:40 PM   #6

Dan, Thanks so much for this website! I just KNEW there was something out there. I have really spotty internet access right now, and just haven't been able to do web searches too well. I'll be out of my "internet hole" in a couple of weeks and should be able to take advantage of sites like these. BTW, there won't be a lot of "happy wrenching" from me! I'm not a mechanic nor the son of one - but I like to know what needs to be done and HOW it should be done, so I'm not an idiot when I take the unit in for service. I plan on making the Spartan Chassis Homecoming next year to get schooled up some. Thanks again!
OpaRon

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
Old 07-22-2007, 08:57 AM   #7

Has someone been successful in registering online with www.quickserve.cummins.com ?
Once you entered your particular info, you hit the button REGISTER and nothing happens. Any ideas as to why?
Gaetan Lavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #8

Gaetan, when I hit the "register" button, it brings up a page to enter your engine's serial number. I was able to register a couple of weeks ago.
Dan