Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #1

Ign. Switch problem

I own a 2005 ds,dp on a spartan chasis. The problem is with ign switch. When starting the engine, I turn the ign switch to start position but 75 per cent of the. Time. It turns past the starting position and will not engage the starter, I then have to start over and after sever al attempts it will stay in the start position and engine starter will engage normally. If I have to purchase a new ign. Switch , do I have to purchase it through spartan or can I purchase it locally? Thanks in advance ---Roger
Rog1965char is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #2

You should be able to get one at the local auto parts store, remove it and take it with you. I am guessing that it is a dash mounted one. Mine went bad and I replaced the complete assy.
Fkrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
If your ignition switch is part # 0211-GG3 (check rvchassisparts.com) - those are pretty common, though the price through Spartan's rally site above isn't terrible to begin with. You can replace this style and re-use your old cylinder.

You can also upgrade to the newer switch which has a key that is shorter and has a black head -- you can buy the pigtail from Spartan as well as convert it yourself. I much prefer that ignition switch to the older style.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #4

I looked at a friends DS and it's the same as mine. An ignition switch from a 1971 chev pu will work. You can reuse the tumbler and key or replace, your choice. Don't let the parts store sell you one for a 1972 as they are different.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
See if this is it ?
>>Ignition Switch: Cole Herse- 95410-
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #6

Ign switch

Thanks everyone, I replaced it with new one from local auto store (0lder Chevy pick-up) model. Thank again. Roger
Rog1965char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad you got it fixed. I had a similar problem with the ignition on our previous coach (Safari) and all it turned out to be was the outer ring needed tightening.

Happy Turkey day..

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote