Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2016, 01:03 PM   #1

Slides out of alignment?

I've been reading up a lot on how to readjust the alignment of the slides relative to the opening on the sides of the rig, but then I started thinking...

ALL four of my slides are a little out of alignment - the front edge of each slide is a little bit higher than the other. The living room slide (on the curb side) is the only one that's so far out of alignment that it won't seat properly within the recessed opening... its trim catches at the top right corner of the opening. It closes safely enough, but it's not fully seated like it used to be.

And that's what got me thinking... like it used to be. I noticed the living room slide was out of alignment about a month ago, and that's when I looked and saw that they were all out a little. Prior to that they were all perfectly fine, as far as I know.

If it was just one slide out, fine... I get that. Two slides? Ok, a coincidence. But all four? And all four out of alignment in the same direction? Something makes me wonder if I twisted something on the chassis. I don't recall anything unusual happening prior to noticing the slides are misaligned.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have a great Spartan shop at home but we're 30 days from going back so I was just curious... before getting in there and manually adjusting all four slides.

Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2016, 06:23 PM   #2

Spartan has nothing to do with slides. You need to post this In Newmar forum. Maybe someone there can help.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racklefrack View Post
I've been reading up a lot on how to readjust the alignment of the slides relative to the opening on the sides of the rig, but then I started thinking...

ALL four of my slides are a little out of alignment - the front edge of each slide is a little bit higher than the other. The living room slide (on the curb side) is the only one that's so far out of alignment that it won't seat properly within the recessed opening... its trim catches at the top right corner of the opening. It closes safely enough, but it's not fully seated like it used to be.

And that's what got me thinking... like it used to be. I noticed the living room slide was out of alignment about a month ago, and that's when I looked and saw that they were all out a little. Prior to that they were all perfectly fine, as far as I know.

If it was just one slide out, fine... I get that. Two slides? Ok, a coincidence. But all four? And all four out of alignment in the same direction? Something makes me wonder if I twisted something on the chassis. I don't recall anything unusual happening prior to noticing the slides are misaligned.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have a great Spartan shop at home but we're 30 days from going back so I was just curious... before getting in there and manually adjusting all four slides.

Thanks!
I don't have any advice for your problem; however, I also have a 2004 4302 MA. I would like to know how you would adjust the slide outs should I ever need to do that. My slides all fit correctly at t his time.
Papa Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAJO View Post
Spartan has nothing to do with slides. You need to post this In Newmar forum. Maybe someone there can help.
Yes, thank you... I know Spartan doesn't have anything to do with the slides. My point was that because all four slides apparently went out of alignment at the same time that maybe I twisted something on the chassis. It's really the only thing that explains all four going out at once, so I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Fort View Post
I don't have any advice for your problem; however, I also have a 2004 4302 MA. I would like to know how you would adjust the slide outs should I ever need to do that. My slides all fit correctly at t his time.
If I'm successful, I'll post it here.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:01 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I seriously doubt that the chassis frame is twisted. That would take a lot to do and you would have much more than slideout issues if that were the case. However, it may be an issue with the sub-frame that Newmar adds to the chassis to support the bodywork. If it was me I would consider taking it right to Newmar rather than a Spartan facility. And that would be the Newmar factory rather than a dealer because I doubt a dealer would have the expertise to nail down the problem let alone correct it.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
I agree with cruzer, if chassis frame was twisted, tweaked or bent you'd have bigger problems than slide outs... windows popped out, windshield cracked etc...
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide