RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2019, 04:31 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 8
Vehicle is tilted

Hello, Iím in Spain, excuse my bad English.
I have a 2005 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40L Spartan chassis, which I bought without engine or transmission, imported them from the USA and mounted it all and ran smoothly, but with a lot of work. I donít have any documentation on the vehicle, Iíve been getting a lot on this forum.
Now I have a problem with air suspension, the vehicle is tilted to the right.
The suspension begins to rise well, but the left part continues to rise much higher than the right. The air pressure is correct.
The axles are front MFS14143ANL5, rear RS19145, it seems that they only carry one height sensor per axis, so I see very strange what happens.
Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
__________________

Hechizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2019, 05:38 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 1,425
I can't help with your problem, but I just wanted to say that you have nothing to apologize for concerning your English. it's a lot better than most of our Spanish.

Welcome to the forum.
__________________

__________________
2017 Thor A.C.E. 30.1
F53 18,000 GVWR
EdInArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
I can't help with your problem, but I just wanted to say that you have nothing to apologize for concerning your English. it's a lot better than most of our Spanish.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you, it is merit of the translator on line
__________________
Fleetwood Revolution LE 40L, Cat C9, Tran MD3000MH
Hechizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,925
Your Spartan chassis has 2 ride height valves in the front and one in the rear which control the height of the coach. They are adjustable. To adjust these control valves which from what I am reading is causing your coach to be tilted. This height adjustment is a important so that the drive shaft is at the right angle. Be careful when under coach checking and making these adjustment so the coach doesn't come down on you. These valves are called ride height valves and sometimes need to be replaced because they leak. Your Spartan chassis should be a Mountain Master.
tom chelbana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 16,472
There is a Spartan service bulletin for your chassis: https://www.spartanchassis.com/cps/l...3254375000.pdf
which may or may not be involved with your tilt issue.
The two ride height valves on the rear axle keep the coach level (not tilted).
You may want to email Spartan at rvcustomerservice@spartanmotors.com to obtain the specifications for setting your chassis ride height and other specification documents. Many things are adjusted after ride height is confirmed as correct, including wheel alignment.
__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy Read more at: John_F_Kennedy_1961
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
Your Spartan chassis has 2 ride height valves in the front and one in the rear which control the height of the coach. They are adjustable. To adjust these control valves which from what I am reading is causing your coach to be tilted. This height adjustment is a important so that the drive shaft is at the right angle. Be careful when under coach checking and making these adjustment so the coach doesn't come down on you. These valves are called ride height valves and sometimes need to be replaced because they leak. Your Spartan chassis should be a Mountain Master.

Thank you. I have 1 heigth valve in the center of the front and 2 in the rear









__________________
Fleetwood Revolution LE 40L, Cat C9, Tran MD3000MH
Hechizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:09 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
There is a Spartan service bulletin for your chassis: https://www.spartanchassis.com/cps/l...3254375000.pdf
which may or may not be involved with your tilt issue.
The two ride height valves on the rear axle keep the coach level (not tilted).
You may want to email Spartan at rvcustomerservice@spartanmotors.com to obtain the specifications for setting your chassis ride height and other specification documents. Many things are adjusted after ride height is confirmed as correct, including wheel alignment.

Hi, thanks you all.
Mi motorhome is off april 2005, so I think itís not included in that technical note.
__________________
Fleetwood Revolution LE 40L, Cat C9, Tran MD3000MH
Hechizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:55 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nine Mile Falls WA / Arizona City AZ
Posts: 891
So I've seen that same valve on several trucks I've owned over the years with air suspension... I would assume that the valve, would be available from any truck parts supplier.. Here in the US, all the suppliers build valves that sometimes look different in the way the valves are cast... but they have the same mounting pattern and the same port alignment...



This is a common spool valve like what is used in a control of the hydraulic system (wet) or air system but instead of a mechanical hand lever it has a link to the frame which moves the valve...


With the unit on good jack stands, I wouldn't be afraid to drain the air... pull the valve and clean it... if the spool is sticking... I know a great company in Sacramento CA that most likely can rebuild the valve if it was in the US...



Almost all truck air valves are now made off shore and are available new for lower prices than rebuilding... If your in the US you might consider fleet pride, a truck parts store with usually good help... fleetpride.com
__________________

__________________
Retired Business Owner, Re-manufacturing HD Clutches, Brake Shoes, Air Compressors, Sales & Installation of PacBrake and other Industrial Friction
jelag is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I think my big room slide is low/tilted Solask Tiffin Owner's Forum 5 09-16-2015 09:07 AM
Tilted dilemma GRUU iRV2.com General Discussion 12 05-25-2015 05:19 AM
Tilted TV mount HSR-Russ Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 10 03-05-2013 08:57 AM
Tilted Alpine sdcyclist Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 11 05-11-2011 11:22 PM
Is automatic level still slightly tilted to the DS? gtcoatie Fleetwood Owner's Forum 5 07-28-2008 11:58 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.