Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2007, 06:33 AM   #1

I am getting ready to have our coach taken to the Spartan facility in Okla. City for a "check-up" since my husband and I are in Dallas for 6 months and won't be using our coach. We have the "middle" upgrade for the cooling system (after being on the side of the road twice) so we will be asking for the latest and greatest one. We also have a leak in front of our door side tag axle. But beyond those things I don't know what to tell them to check out.

What should I ask for them to look at? The coach will be one year old next month and has about 11,000 miles. My husband would know but is in the hospital so this is not his first priority. We plan on traveling extensively next winter so I want it in tip-top shape.

As some of you know Richard had been waiting for a lung transplant and received two new lungs in April. He is doing well but it will be a slow recovery. We have to live close to the hospital for a while so we had to move into an apartment since there were no RV parks close to the hospital. I lived in the hospital parking lot with no hookups for 2 months so having all the water I want and not worrying about running the generator all the time is nice right now.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2007, 06:33 AM   #2

I am getting ready to have our coach taken to the Spartan facility in Okla. City for a "check-up" since my husband and I are in Dallas for 6 months and won't be using our coach. We have the "middle" upgrade for the cooling system (after being on the side of the road twice) so we will be asking for the latest and greatest one. We also have a leak in front of our door side tag axle. But beyond those things I don't know what to tell them to check out.

What should I ask for them to look at? The coach will be one year old next month and has about 11,000 miles. My husband would know but is in the hospital so this is not his first priority. We plan on traveling extensively next winter so I want it in tip-top shape.

As some of you know Richard had been waiting for a lung transplant and received two new lungs in April. He is doing well but it will be a slow recovery. We have to live close to the hospital for a while so we had to move into an apartment since there were no RV parks close to the hospital. I lived in the hospital parking lot with no hookups for 2 months so having all the water I want and not worrying about running the generator all the time is nice right now.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Jacki, I believe if you ask them what needs servicing, they will set you straight. You will need the engine oil/filter changed, axle bearing fluids changed, chassis greased, etc. The generator oil/filter may need changing....depending on type you should have changed it at 50 hrs. and then every 200-250 hrs. But leave it in their hands....if they're any good, they'll do you right. I assume you are referring to Coach Care, not Spartan in OK City. Good luck to your husband on his recovery.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Jacki, I just re-read your message and realized you can get this work done over in Ft. Worth, a little closer than Okie City. 817-429-8928 Call and ask them if they can help you. Also have a place in Arlington.

Not sure what you mean by the "medium" cooling pkg., but, again, they can do that fan upgrade with the latest technology. Be sure it's done or you could run into trouble down the road.

I'll be back in Dallas next week..please feel free to PM me if I can help you further.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote