RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 82
Where can I find out more about the Mountain Master chassis

I am looking into buying a 2004 Newmar MADP 4302 with the Spartan Mountain Master chassis and 400 hp Cummins engine. All I have so far is the brochure from Newmar which doesn't tell me much. Can anyone point me in the direction to find out more about this chassis? Thanks!
__________________

__________________
Terry and Beth
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 2,246
Have you tried contacting Spartan?
https://www.spartanchassis.com/schome.asp
__________________

__________________
Rick and Larrie Dee
1997 40' Newmar London Aire DP CTA 8.3 (Mechanical) 325 Spartan MM
Bringing her back to her glory.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Have you tried contacting Spartan?
https://www.spartanchassis.com/schome.asp
Why would the OP do that?
This is a RV forum and talking about RV stuff is what is done here !
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12amNSX View Post
I am looking into buying a 2004 Newmar MADP 4302 with the Spartan Mountain Master chassis and 400 hp Cummins engine. All I have so far is the brochure from Newmar which doesn't tell me much. Can anyone point me in the direction to find out more about this chassis? Thanks!
What are you wanting to find out about the MM Chassis Terry? As mentioned above, most all your question's will be answered on here.
Some reading: https://familyrvingmag.com/2014/03/01/spartan-chassis/
__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
Why would the OP do that?
This is a RV forum and talking about RV stuff is what is done here !

From what I see this is the Spartan chassis forum. Am I missing something here?
__________________
Terry and Beth
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
What are you wanting to find out about the MM Chassis Terry? As mentioned above, most all your question's will be answered on here.

I'm looking for info such as type of brake system, number of air bags, type of front suspension, engine brake, typical problems, what should I have inspected in a pre purchase inspection, stuff like that.
__________________
Terry and Beth
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12amNSX View Post
I'm looking for info such as type of brake system, number of air bags, type of front suspension, engine brake, typical problems, what should I have inspected in a pre purchase inspection, stuff like that.
OK, Independent front suspension with 2 air bag's and 2 ride height valve's, rear axle 2 air bag's one ride height control valve, tag axle 2 air bag's one ride height control valve. 2 stage compression engine brake most likely.......
Check/inspect the upper/lower ball joint's boot's for cracking and rotting.......inspect the radiator really good.........
If you hire a person to do a pre inspection, he will know just what to do and look at, if you hire a good inspector.
And now with that in mind, if you have the vin # of the chassis, call Spartan and ask them to send you a spec. sheet on that chassis. Newmar will also send you a build sheet if you call them with the vin#. Both are really good to work with.
__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
OK, Independent front suspension with 2 air bag's and 2 ride height valve's, rear axle 2 air bag's one ride height control valve, tag axle 2 air bag's one ride height control valve. 2 stage compression engine brake most likely.......
Check/inspect the upper/lower ball joint's boot's for cracking and rotting.......inspect the radiator really good.........
If you hire a person to do a pre inspection, he will know just what to do and look at, if you hire a good inspector.
And now with that in mind, if you have the vin # of the chassis, call Spartan and ask them to send you a spec. sheet on that chassis. Newmar will also send you a build sheet if you call them with the vin#. Both are really good to work with.

Thank you so much! That was just the kind of information I was looking for.
__________________
Terry and Beth
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
What are you wanting to find out about the MM Chassis Terry? As mentioned above, most all your question's will be answered on here.
Some reading: https://familyrvingmag.com/2014/03/01/spartan-chassis/

Thank you! Great link.
__________________
Terry and Beth
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: clearfield, utah
Posts: 368
K3 chassis

Do all K3 chassis have 6 wheel disk brakes or is it just the front that has them. I do not want drum brakes!
__________________
2014 Itasca Meridian 34B
46490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
757driver's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46490 View Post
Do all K3 chassis have 6 wheel disk brakes or is it just the front that has them. I do not want drum brakes!
The K3 chassis has had disc brakes at all positions for several years.
__________________
Don & Gerri
2014 Entegra Anthem 44B
2014 Honda CRV Touring

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
FWIW if u call spartan with the vin they can get u a build sheet...
tells u the actual specs and whatever else involved!
edfirebird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfirebird68 View Post
FWIW if u call spartan with the vin they can get u a build sheet...
tells u the actual specs and whatever else involved!

Thank you! I did call them and they were helpful.
__________________
Terry and Beth
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:41 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 14,842
FWIW, Spartan supplies the front and rear sections, the MH manufacturer designs and fabricates the center section to their specifications.
The front section is a Reyco-Granning/Tuthill independent front suspension, the rear section is Hendrickson.
This explains in detail and much better than I ever could: Spartan Mountain Master RV Diesel Chassis
__________________

__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chassis



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time is up...and I still can't find a Master Cylinder part number for a 2000 Alpine.. StansCustoms Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 8 05-20-2015 01:22 PM
Can we go yet, Can we go yet, Can we go yet, Can we go yet, Can we go yet mothgrey Class A Motorhome Discussions 9 11-18-2013 05:51 PM
2008 Newmar Spartan Mountain Master Chassis - Info; Adam Hunter Newmar Owner's Forum 3 06-12-2012 07:25 AM
Mountain Master-Mountain Master GT TUCSONRAIL Newmar Owner's Forum 2 05-13-2010 12:27 AM
Engine and Trans Temps in Mountain Master Chassis Avalondanes Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum 9 05-30-2009 06:28 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.