Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > Motorcycles, Bikes & Buggys
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW21 View Post
Great tree picture, Bedlam! Love our California North Coast.
Yea, the coast!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Near Medocino.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	146727  
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #16

Bikes definitely are a lot of fun. I've had one, of one kind or another since, I was 18, and I'm 77 now. Of the British bikes, I had a 1967 650 Triumph I bought new for $1100.00. We loved it, but sold it when we moved from WV to OR. We currently have 2 Honda CT90s (his 'n hers for the woods), a S90 and GL 500 Silverwing. I bought the Silverwing to replace the '86 Concours that either got too heavy or I got too weak to keep it upright when stopped. We loved the Connie, but the smaller bike is a little lighter and easier for me to keep upright.

One thing about the bikes like the Connie and Silverwing is that they have no protection for your leg if you were to go down and slide for any distance. I think bars of some sort are available, and they would also protect all that fairing. There is a good possibility that my right leg would have sustained considerable damage if the Harley I was riding at the time did not have them.

The advice about protective gear is good.

Kudos to you also for taking your Mom for a ride. I hope there will be many more. I did take my Mom on mine, but I wish I'd done it more often.

Ride safe and enjoy.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #17

I started on a Honda Trail until college where I upgraded to a Suzuki GS450E that I ran into the ground (many 1000 mile trips on this twin) until it could no longer be fixed. A Suzuki GS750L replaced the twin and was used to commute daily to work - When my commute stopped, I sold it and bought a big stainless Weber grill. Although I still have the same grill, I quickly realized that trying to ride the grill just wasn't the same as a motorcycle and I was suffering from serious withdraw. A little Honda Passport C70 quelled my yearnings until I bought the Connie, but the Passport reminds me so much of my Trail, that I cannot sell it and now have it plated as a classic vehicle. My wife rides a 150cc CVT driven scooter, but I probably put more miles on it than she does...