Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > Motorcycles, Bikes & Buggys
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikemiker View Post
In a few years we're going full-timing. We need an rv, an around town vehicle and two motorcycles.

After looking at the options I decided to get a vintage Wanderlodge, tow a pickup and haul the bikes in the back of the truck.

My question is, does anyone know of a double self loading motorcycle ramp?
might have to think one bike. Two tour bikes plus lift could be 2000 lbs. Also there are toy hauler motorhomes that could easily haul 2 bikes and tow vehicle.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a ML350. It ties down with rachet straps to the etrack. There are also a number of 5000 floor rings as well. Everything was placed to our specifications.

The etrack on the lift is surface but the lower deck is flush mounted.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:25 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
We have a ML350. It ties down with rachet straps to the etrack. There are also a number of 5000 floor rings as well. Everything was placed to our specifications.

The etrack on the lift is surface but the lower deck is flush mounted.
Very nice setup and I also like having an ML for a runabout. Former owner of a GL. Is it quick to load/unload? Do you have an escape door or do you just squeeze out of it after loading?
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I squeeze out.

It takes about 5 - 10 minutes to load/unload. We have padded straps that you through the wheels. I make sure the wheels are clean before driving in.

Drive In to marked location.
Throw straps through wheels.
Attach ratchet straps
Ratchet down.

We opted out of the escape door as the ML is quite tall and I have issues with the windshields on the bikes. We are looking for a car that is not as high for the next purchase. The door will not clear the fender wells so an escape door will not be useable.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:26 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
We want it all, so our solution is....the hubs drives the MH, I drive the truck pulling our enclosed trailer with three motorcycles. Not the best solution for everyone, but it works for us. Two-way radios allow us to keep in touch while on the road. We travel short distances on travel days, usually less than 250 miles. And since this seems to be about the only time we spend away from each other since retiring, except when we are on our motorcycles, it's all good!! The hubs needs his breaks from me after all!! lol
thanks8990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:31 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanks8990 View Post
We want it all, so our solution is....the hubs drives the MH, I drive the truck pulling our enclosed trailer with three motorcycles. Not the best solution for everyone, but it works for us. Two-way radios allow us to keep in touch while on the road. We travel short distances on travel days, usually less than 250 miles. And since this seems to be about the only time we spend away from each other since retiring, except when we are on our motorcycles, it's all good!! The hubs needs his breaks from me after all!! lol
We did this for 5 years. DW had her bike triked so was not enough room in the garage for trike and bike. She would pull Wells Cargo with SUV.

Going to MH with stacker has caused other problems. I used to go to golf course with 450 and DW had SUV. No 450 so had a carrier build for bike to go to golf course. Works fine.

Like travelling in MH better that 450 with DW following. Travel is more leisurly and parking is much less of an issue.

Have kept the Wells Cargo for times we will pull that with motorcycle when we do not want to pull the stacker and all of the toys.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I want it all

We found a great solution that works for us. RV is a 35' Monaco LaPalma diesel pusher. Our newest set up is a 24' enclosed trailer with 8'5" ceiling. We place a Ural sidecar rig up front along with a large mobility cart. On the walls, two kayaks and two bicycles as well as all of our bulky clothing and riding gear. Then we have a Ford Transit Connect Van taking up the rest of the space. Works great and all of our toys as well as two Pomeranians are along for the ride!
rick.rutel is offline   Reply With Quote