Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > Motorcycles, Bikes & Buggys
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #57

Count Us In

Now that we have our truck being built to haul our 5'er and the bikes we will certainly be camping and riding everytime!!!!

Nothing like be able to combine hobbies....
bigboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
You know, those are two perfect examples of RV Parks that we don't wish to stay in (besides the bikes, we travel with 5 dogs). Is there a website or resource for motorcycle friendly parks? BTW, we have never had a problem with the bikes, as for the dogs, it's good that most of them look alike...

Brenda, of...
Old 03-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I can add several nonfriendly ones to the list. If the bike has to stay outside in their parling lot, we pass them by.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #60

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Ever notice that when you park a bike, especially a Harley at your campsite, people come by and tell you they have e a neighobr who has a cousin who had a friend who rides a Harley? Same works for custom cars too...LOL. One time I had people come over and ask if we had "crafts" in the trailer, complete ignoring the Harley Davidson decal acrosss the back!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The CG we stay in during the winter has at least 7 or 8 Harleys in it. We get together for rides all the time.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok slight change of plans with the van. The Econoline "no-door" will not be coming home after all. The guy wants to much money, no title, and it hasnt run in 23 years. I dont want a resoration project, so I went a different direction and will be flying to Tucson to pick up a "driver" this weekend and will be driving it home. Not to retro..........huh!

Old 04-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #63

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Ok so it seem that's there's enough of us interested in this topic, how can we start a section devoted to this without stepping on any toes?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A little update on the "road trip", it didnt make it home. There is a cooling issue that needs to be fixed. So its at my sisters in Phoenix. I will be picking it up with a car trailer this weekend. Its not as pretty as the ad pictures (big suprize) and will require a little work to be road worthy, but it does have a new engine and transmission and drives straight and tight. Here I sit waiting for AAA to rescue me.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
As I always say, approach it like a game show... "contestants must now find a way to repair their toad"...

hugs from Brenda of...
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
QUOTE=motojavaphil;18772]Does this system work well for you? Got any pics?

Hopefully pics are attached ... comments on usability in prior msg.

Attachment 98

Attachment 99
Thanks RK,
I appreciate your effort with the pics. Sure looks like what we want to do. I was talking with our RV Repairman and he looked it over, said he saw no problem with weight or construction. Should have an estimate and installation in a month or so. I'll get details as we get closer.

The 5r folks have a good setup with the nose having a snap on garage up front for the bike(s). I will be using a cover. There is a cycle shell I was thinking of using: http://www.cycleshell.com/price.html that might do the job. Just a plain old light weight cover takes up less space and will do the job as well. The big thing will be the sun as it will do more damage than any of the elements. I have read that a cover should not be used while on the rig as it will cause wear problems on the paint and chrome. I also read where using some sort of cover between the lift and the toad will keep a lot of debris off the bike and toad. I don't know much about that as I have not done much with it yet.
Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #67

I used to pull a camper behind my motorcycle, 40 mpg. We tended to stay at KOA's because the were MC friendly. I had a 5 day ice chest on the front. On it's top was a solar panel to charge the 12v wheel chair AGM battery I mounted under the trailer in front of the axle. I had 12v lights on each side for setting up camp at the campground.

It had a queen size bed, a kitchen with stove. I carried a 1 gallon propane tank in the front. Took it across country twice.

Now I yank a jeep with the MH. Wife won't get near the MC but will get in the jeep.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:29 PM   #68

We know what you mean! Boston Terriers all look alike to most folks!
BostonPups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #69
jww

Been keeping an eye on this thread since it started. Great to hear my wife and I are not alone in incorporating our passion for RV's and motorcycles.
I restore antique motorcycles, and the hobby has become an obsession I suppose. We have Harley's, Indians, Popes, Cushmans, Whizzers and Honda's ranging from 1913 - 2007.
Have never heard any negative remarks from any campground which we have stayed. As previously stated, most times the bikes are a people magnet.
I too would be interested in a dedicated forum heading as their seems to be several of us.
Happy Motoring !
Old 04-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Nice to have you join in the conversation, jww. It appears there are a large number of us in this group. I have been riding around 4/5ths of my life and plan to continue until I can do it no more. There are only two in the garage now but too many have come and gone. Although I still ride year round, many of the iron butt rides are in the past. I have traveled many miles on two wheels and slept under bridges and tarps but my aching bones and my dear wife now prefer softer accommodations on our long journeys.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv