Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > Motorcycles, Bikes & Buggys
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:55 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Now that it looks like the heat is about to break in Texas, maybe the riding season has finally started. I managed to get the 750 Honda freshened up and back on the street this summer, but the poor BMW is feeling neglected. Time to ride!!

Rusty
Attached Images

RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #16

The heat broke here in SW Fl too but it's rained for 5 days straight now

Always something....

Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Billieg, Please tell me more about your swivel trailer. I have been considering one for my Harley and RV.
sCarycary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie
First "bike" was lil Honda for Off Roadin... that lil 90 ran for weeks on a gallon but gave me the "joy" and the Fever, moved up to a 360 Yamaha 2 stroke but hated it, then a friend got "orders" and had to sell his Honda 450... what a scooter that was.

Me and DW actually wore out 3 trannies on it somewhere around 180,000 miles. We did have our "mishaps", one time lady made right exit from far left lane across 6 lanes on Napa Calif freeway, right thru us, we learned to love the Pickle Weed the Cal DOT put around the exits...saved our first born as DW was 6 months preggy at the time. She was caught by CHP as she pulled into her driveway, noway to deny it, my bootprint and some elbow flesh was still attached to her passenger door! Two weeks later a guy in a station wagon towing a boat shortcut a turn into the neighborhood and sadly I happened to be there sitting waiting for him to pass since he failed to signal... I ended up under the boat trailer, bike was trashed pretty bad but I rolled over and somehow found a 4 ft piece of chain I carried for stray dogs and such... just as I was dragging him out of the driver's window the CHP pulled up and saved me from sure jailtime. One time it was just a matter of lack of common sense, lonely back road, and me and a friend tryin to standup on the seats and see if we could ride side by side... there may have been just a bit of alcohol involved but I was too drunk to remember much. That did not end pretty and I made it worse when we tried to "slip" into the backgate of Mare Island Naval Shipyard and while my buddy distracted the Marine Guards I kinda relieved myself on the electric heater in the shack... NOT a career enhancing move at all...lol

Hand built a 1943 Harley 45 cid "Mail Bike" Hardtail on a trip on submarine to test dive gear in Dabob Bay Washington State... after I took it off to "Test Run" the XO wouldnt let me take it back aboard cause the gas and oil were atmosphere contaminants...Grrrrrrrrrrr Had to ride it 850 miles from Peuget Sound to Napa, Calif and it was then I found top speed was like 38 mph and the teardrop tank would only hold gal and a half of fuel cause of placement of the filler cap... scoot only got about 16 mpg so that was a long and dreary ride home...:( Musta looked "Way Cool" limpin along with a gal milk jug tied to sissybar full of gas and barely fast enuf to stay upright and no leathers to break the wind. Probably shivered enuf to use up 3 lifetimes of energy on that single trip! Once I got into California on I-5 within an hour was pulled over by CHP, he said he had followed me for last 5 miles and I was asleep and drivin wayyyyy tooooo slow. We "discussed" how that was gonna play out in court for both of us, I agreed to stop, eat, drink couple cups coffee with him and take a nap and he agreed to a "warning citation", Grrrrrrr He sat there yappin on his radio while I pretended to sleep for 2 hours ! Put some serious mods on the scoot drive chain gearwheels to get her up to 60 mph and loved that ride. Two runs up to Sturgis before it became too comercialized to tolerate and I got tired of tryin to carry or find enuf parts to keep it moving. Locktite was not nearly as good then as it is now ! All was well till a trip to Lake Berryessa and a deer named Sue put me over the side, down a 150 ft embankment thru the brush and briers and the damned thing thanked me for all that polishing and work by catching fire and being a heap of muck. Took a year to rebuild her. Back to the Honda till I left Cali !

In Upstate NY the roads made riding the hardtail simply unbearable no matter the kidney belt or meds so I sold it for 10 times what I had invested and rode the Honda till my best friend and I were sitting at an intersection and a drunken wife of the local judge ran us over in her SUV and killed him. Sold the Honda and have never looked back.

I do NOT suffer from mental illness, but rather enjoy it daily !
Old 10-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCarycary View Post
Billieg, Please tell me more about your swivel trailer. I have been considering one for my Harley and RV.
You can learn more about them here:

Double Hitch Company

I'm building a custom platform much like a lowboy so the platform is only 12" from the ground for easy loading. It will have an alum. toolbox up front with a gen. in it. It will be 102" wide and 60" long. The nice thing about a swivel wheel is it tracks the unit up front and isn't considered dual towing. They want $6,400 for one already made and they are made cheap so this link will get you HD wheels, tires and axles to make your own for around $1,600 .
Old 10-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #20

We just made a long weekend trip to Charleston and back for the football game, the weather was beautiful. We have a Honda Valkyrie interstate bike, rides great. We will be going to Daytona in March, look forward to it every year to get out of the snowy mountains.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We take one of our bikes out most every weekend. One reason we have an RV in the first place was to be able to travel out farther without putting in 13 hour days on the slab. We've made it to the Smoky Mountains twice this year and we're spending the week after Christmas in the Gulf on Dauphin Island.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Joan and I are about 5 months from leaving Florida with our bikes. We moved into our 40' DP fulltime 2 weeks ago. The next few months will be the 'burn-in' period where we get to know the MH intimately before we begin full time travel in it. For the past 6 years we have selected a different state (always with hills, mountains and curves) and trailered our bikes out for vacation. So far we've ridden in NC, Utah, Vermont, Colorado, WV & Arkansas. The consensus is that Utah has been the best so far. We're looking forward to exploring all the different areas of North America over the next few years.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
I hope you have some pictures to post. A low boy sounds really great. I'd love to see your design.
sCarycary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #24

Yesterday, Just closed the deal on a 2011 BMW 1200 GSA. I will pick up the bike on Saturday. To make a long story short back in 2009. I decided to sale my 08 GSA which was a big mistake on my part, and the motorcycle bug has been biting me even since, so it was that time of the year to make a purchase with a deal I could not pass on. happy and safe riding to all.
H308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by H308 View Post
Yesterday, Just closed the deal on a 2011 BMW 1200 GSA. I will pick up the bike on Saturday. To make a long story short back in 2009. I decided to sale my 08 GSA which was a big mistake on my part, and the motorcycle bug has been biting me even since, so it was that time of the year to make a purchase with a deal I could not pass on. happy and safe riding to all.
Good one! Way too tall of a stance for my 5'9" height but from what I've been told and have read, that is probably one of the worlds best all around bikes.

Good luck with it and enjoy those 500 mile day trips!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #26

Bikers move around

We took it all to Sturgis and now heading for Florida and only taking car this time. We are leaving bikes and trailer home this time and we hope we do not regret it.
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
We took it all to Sturgis and now heading for Florida and only taking car this time. We are leaving bikes and trailer home this time and we hope we do not regret it.
You will. I'm getting ready to ride now. Beautiful day, 75* and the sun is shining. Don't get much better than this!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #28

the best riding is in florida in the winter ? were going to florida and will be taking our bike,motorhome and car and staying all winter,

dan&jan 2003 kountry star dp
2010 harley ultra limited on hydra lift
towing a toyota on a dolly