Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #57

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminehd View Post
Just purchased a legend 500-TC in Louisiana with 10,000 miles on it. That makes the total number made at least 5 that I know of. Would love some tips on it from current owners.
Welcome! We love ours and have really enjoyed it.

FYI There was a 2009 Legend 500TG (45') still for sale on consignment earlier this year in Seale, AL @ Cobb & Sons RV. I tried to buy it before we bought ours. In fact, it sold us on the coach & floorplan, but the seller was too firm on his asking price so we bought ours from another individual. I was at Cobb & Son RV for additional service earlier this year, and noted it was still on the lot, but the ask now is only $105K vs. his early price two years ago of $145K. So if you know anyone looking it may still be there and sounds like a more willing seller.

http://www.rvt.com/Coachmen-Sportsco...92368-UX164283
trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #58

The only issue the one I purchased has is the rear furnace is not working. The front furnace works but when I switched on the rear, there is no air blowing or heat. I probably should look at fuses first, if it is not that, how is that furnace accessed for service? Being in Louisiana it's whole life, there was never a need to heat it so it was not noticed. In Rhode Island, it will be a different story.

I called on the one in AL but that one had leaks around the slide out, one slide out did not work. Worried there would be too many surprises. Paid a little more than the price for that one but the unit is in great shape. When I called on the one in AL, he was firm on $110k, guess he dropped another $5k.

I was trying to get a little off the price on the one I bought but two people were right behind me to buy it if I said no. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it show up online.
Carminehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:23 AM   #59

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
funny, same thing happened to me when I went to buy ours, thought I was going to get some concession on the ask price. wouldn't you know it, somebody came in night before and offered a higher price, we ended up having to pay the ask but not meet the higher offer.

as for the coach in AL, yes we noted some water penetrated one slide, but the repair wasn't supposed to be significant. once we met the owner of the Cobb & Sons RV where that coach sits,, we were so impressed we ended up taking our coach to him for upgrades and repairs ever since. We have a huge RV place locally, but I prefer to drive two hours to the AL service yard for better service & quality work.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #60

This man was well off, I feel he thought that since I took the time to fly down there to look at it he owed me right of first refusal. I think I made a good deal, if there was a bluff, I could not risk to call it and lose the motorhome. Already lost a couple of good deals trying that, which is good, this was a better unit than the ones I did call suspected bluffs on.

Maybe I will stop in AL and let him look at the rear furnace on my way back to RI.

Maybe all of us will meet someday in our travels, 500-TGs should be fairly rare on the road.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #61

Have a ,new to me, 2007 Sportscoach Legend bought 2016 email Moe2753@gmail.com
Moe2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #62

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Hi Moe, welcome to the Elite and Legend group. Would you like to tell us about your Legend?
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #63

2007 Coachman

As I posted earlier we purchased a 2007 Coachman Sportscoach Legend 40QS in 2016. We purchased the unit from Camping World in Akron, OH. Not happy with Camping World ( another story) but we love the unit. Have had some issues with the unit but they are being taking care of. The hard part is finding replacement parts or manuals. So far we are splitting our time between Florida and Ohio but hope to start travelling.
Moe2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #64

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Let us know what parts and manuals you need and we may be able to help.
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
Old 06-16-2017, 04:50 AM   #65

Hello everyone, picked up my 2009 Legend TG-500 from Louisiana and am in the process of driving it to Rhode Island. Currently in Alabama. Runs great, plenty of power.

But finding things that need to be fixed as I drive. Want to know where to get the parts. First thing is, one of the sliding doors to the bathroom has plastic clips on top that attach to the mechanism that slides on the door track. One of them will not hold on and the front of the door detaches from it, any idea where to get those?

There is a leak below the floor from the bathroom sinks in the tank area and there seems to be a smell below when the black tank has water. The sink water leaks over the water pump so it has to be right near the tanks, it is not above the floor in the coach. There is no water from the black tank but thats what is happening. Looks like the two holding tanks are above the water tank. Can the water control board on the side be removed to access the tanks so I can see what is going on? Is there any other way to access the tanks for inspection?

How do you access the hot water heater? I want to drain it and flush it out, put a sacrificial anode in it.

Is there access to the water tank so that I can add a sanitizing solution to it? The only way I see to fill it is through the water control panel.

What fuses control the furnaces?

Learning the power control panel as I go.

Thanks for any help you can offer, it is a beautiful motorhome but needs a little TLC, Just sat in a garage. Running around with WD-40 spraying hinges and latches. Are parts still available?

What a big difference in ride from my previous gas unit.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:57 AM   #66

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Hello everyone, picked up my 2009 Legend TG-500 from Louisiana and am in the process of driving it to Rhode Island. Currently in Alabama. Runs great, plenty of power.

But finding things that need to be fixed as I drive. Want to know where to get the parts. First thing is, one of the sliding doors to the bathroom has plastic clips on top that attach to the mechanism that slides on the door track. One of them will not hold on and the front of the door detaches from it, any idea where to get those?

There is a leak below the floor from the bathroom sinks in the tank area and there seems to be a smell below when the black tank has water. The sink water leaks over the water pump so it has to be right near the tanks, it is not above the floor in the coach. There is no water from the black tank but thats what is happening. Looks like the two holding tanks are above the water tank. Can the water control board on the side be removed to access the tanks so I can see what is going on? Is there any other way to access the tanks for inspection?

How do you access the hot water heater? I want to drain it and flush it out, put a sacrificial anode in it.

Is there access to the water tank so that I can add a sanitizing solution to it? The only way I see to fill it is through the water control panel.

Thanks for any help you can offer, it is a beautiful motorhome but needs a little TLC, Just sat in a garage. Running around with WD-40 spraying hinges and latches. Are parts still available?

you noticing water on the ground, or inside the cabinets under the sink? water on ground could be hot water heater valve. I know because mine leaked and that's how i noticed.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:03 AM   #67

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Carmine,
I can only tell you about my Legend 40QS but the same may apply to your TG-500

Call BRANDON MILLER PARTS ADVISOR: 574-825-8317
Bmiller@forestriverinc.com with vin#

Hot water heater: Outside panel is held closed by one or two screws at bottom of panel. Unscrew and swing panel up and go from there.

I had to install a new water control valve so unscrew all screws on panel to lower panel and go from there to look at tanks. Beware, there are a lot of hoses and wires in there.
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
Old 06-17-2017, 04:10 AM   #68

The leak is below the floor when you drain the lav sinks. It is not the water heater.

Found the water heater opening.

Fixed the door.

Is there a way to get sanitizing solution in the water tank?

Thanks for the parts info, will come in handy, I'm sure.

Side cameras are getting condensation inside the glass.

Big cleaning job when I get home, will stay in touch.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #69

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carmine,

Do you have the kitchen sink on a slide out?

Sanitizing solution in the water tank: Water control valve will do this.
Read info on the valve itself.

Side cameras: If they still work, dry out and clear caulk seams.
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
Old 06-18-2017, 04:18 AM   #70

Yes, the kitchen sink is on the passenger front slide