Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #29

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 12 year old Coachman and we love it. Yes from time to time things need fixing or upgrading, no different than buying a new car, just more $$ JR

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilarson View Post
Roll
Our problem with water was not due to pressure, but loose fittings. .
I am sorry you have had such problems. Doesn't speak well for Coachmen quality control. As many problems as I have had at least I can say its fine now. Took almost a year of ownership though to get it all straightened out.

Looking forward to our first long trip on the 29th this month. Time will tell whether we come back rested and happy or tired and frustrated.

Gary

2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2012 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #31

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have had our Mirada since April 2011 and have used it quite a bit. The issues we have had have been pretty minor. I did spot 6 screws missing from TV mount while doing inspection prior to purchase. After seeing the screws missing I opened all cabinets, removed cushions, lifted bed, removed all drawers, and crawled under to look at straps and bracket mounts. I did everything again when doing the predelivery check along with a Technician from the dealer. The tech pointed out somethings that he had seen on other MH's that should be checked over. Best $50 I ever spent.

A lot of the issues I have seen people experiencing should have been caught by the selling dealership on predelivery checks. Things like switches being reversed, Screws missing, water leaking from lines etc. While not all could be caught vast majority could be and frankly should be.

As far as build quality my coach is an entry level coach and I have found it is built very similar to other entry level coaches. There were somethings left out like auto transfer switch and a spare tire that were included with other brands but they didn't have the floor plan we liked.

We love ours that's my story and I am sticking to it.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #32

2012 Mirada 33DS, right out of the box the toilet backed up twice and flooded the immediate area. Then the flush lever froze open and flooded the area again. Then the shower (cheezzy, cheap plastic) wand leaked when taking a shower and flooded AGAIN !! Many of the drawer slides have broken and some replace and broken again. Front windows rattle and will only stop when I shim them. Back furnace vent hardly works. No driver or front storage. NO D_MN owners manual for that specific model. Storage basement doors are tin foil and 1" insulation, can be poped open with a butter knife. Unlabeled switches and not labeled whether they and on or off, mystery switches also. Batteries are dead most of the time. Can see light through the slide outs which should be tight. Plastic catch for the sliding closets doors all broke. 20 lb propane tank should be at least 40lbs. V-10 sounds like it's going to explode on inclines. Now I'm gonna see if I can pull a toad. Overall its a cheezy, cheap vehicle. Not even entry level but. Have saved my whole life to travel the US but spend a lot of time in dealerships getting things fixed. Fixed a lot of problems myself since I am not always near an RV dealership or for the chassis, a Ford dealer.

Got scammed into buying the "rig" from Camping World. They said only a newer one could be financed because old ones couldn't be financed past a certain year or (get this) only financed for states touching their own. Got back from trip and wrote the "turn downs" for finance and found out that CW was misrepresenting the facts.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a 2004 Winnebago Minnie Class "C" and then it was totalled with us in it in Dakota City Nebraska on Sept. 1. We then purchased a 2006 Coachmen Freedom Class "C". The coachmen can't compare to the Winnebago. I had oak cabinets, now I have particle board with contact paper. Cheap trimming coming loose, etc. Very disappointed in the Coachmen
Old 08-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #34

I realize this post is really old... but I'm new, so am looking for an answer!

Did you ever discover what the Aux Tank level tester is for? My 2015 Pursuit 33BH has the same button.

Also, why would my porch light start to melt its housing? It appears to only have stopped because the bulb blew, which doesn't make me feel real good.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #35

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseCoach View Post
I realize this post is really old... but I'm new, so am looking for an answer!

Did you ever discover what the Aux Tank level tester is for? My 2015 Pursuit 33BH has the same button.

Also, why would my porch light start to melt its housing? It appears to only have stopped because the bulb blew, which doesn't make me feel real good.
The AUX button shows the level in the rear bath room black tank, if you have a rear bath room. My 2015 Encounter has a rear bath and a half bath. I have 2 black tanks. This is one place Coachmen screwed up. The rear black tank is just for the full bathroom toilet. They took the sink and shower drains to the gray tank. Even though we are conservative with water use in the shower, it still fills the gray up too quickly. It's on my list to reroute the shower drain to the rear tank.
Crankshaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #36

That helps... except I only have one bathroom! It just seems bizarre to have the button with no associated tank, if that is truly the case. Maybe someone out there with a 33bh knows for sure?

Also, any ideas on the light melting its housing? I probably left it on all night, but it worries me that the bulb has the ability to generate that much heat.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:11 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseCoach View Post
That helps... except I only have one bathroom! It just seems bizarre to have the button with no associated tank, if that is truly the case. Maybe someone out there with a 33bh knows for sure?

Also, any ideas on the light melting its housing? I probably left it on all night, but it worries me that the bulb has the ability to generate that much heat.
Coachmen must have bought a million of those control panels and put them in every RV even if they don't have a second black tank.

I'll guess that the melting is due to overheating. I've left mine on overnight and it hasn't melted. Somewhere along the way the bulb was replaced with the wrong one and it gets too hot for the the housing, just a guess.

Crankshaft is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, quality