Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #1

2013 Freelander 32BH owner and a few questions.

Well hello there folks! Me and the wife are the owners of a 2013 Freelander 32BH, as of last November. Loving it, and doing the full-time thing already.

I was aware of the iRV2 forums, but it was a water pump issue that brought me here seriously for the first time. Instead of just being about troubleshooting and warranty details, I wanted to take a second to say hello to the community and reach out to other owners of the same kind of rig.

My current issue is that our water pump will not stop running. It seems to not care if the lines are pressurized or not, and it also seems (possibly) to not be putting out much pressure. From what I'm reading, it seems to be the pressure sensor in the pump, but I have no idea where the pump is or how to check this on my own. The rig is of course still under warranty so I won't do the work myself, but my experience with our dealer so far (and all vehicle dealers to be honest), is that if I can do the troubleshooting for them, things go a lot better for everyone, and a lot faster and cheaper for me.

I had a few other questions that maybe someone with the same rig, or similar might be able to offer some input on.

1) When we took delivery, we found that one of the cargo boxes was damaged and bent. It's the small one just aft of the house door, and the rubber/foam sealant around the places it meets the outside wall, seems to be all there, but very much out of alignment. The dealer has told us that it would either require a few hours to 'bang it back into shape', or about a week to install a new box, including screwing it into the floor and walls again, risking more damage to the rest of the coach. At this point, we're contemplating just living with it, as it's the box we just store firewood in anyway.

2) What is, or how can I tell, the pressure rating for my internal plumbing? We have a water regulator (45psi) that I fit to the right just at the city water inlet, and this seems to give me the depressing water pressure. The pump on it's own (drycamping) has a lot more pressure out of the shower. I'm wondering if one of the 'hi-flow' regulators (55psi) would be okay, and make a difference?

3) Tank heaters. Coachmen didn't offer them as a feature or package, and we bought at the Pomona RV show so it wouldn't have been available for us anyway the way we bought (got a great deal). I'm wondering how much of a pain in the wallet it would be, and what products others have used, to do this after the fact?

4) Black tank cleaning. We often get the 'false positives' on the black tank level readings. The trick of putting a bag of ice down the toilet before driving away from the dump station seems to work out nicely, but it seems we're not getting the side of the tank really cleaned off as much as I'd like. What are my options? I don't think I can fit a hose to the bathroom sink, and don't really want to pull one through the house, so a wand thing isn't high on my list. Am I just regulated to filling it up a gallon at a time with a pitcher, to full, and then draining again to clean it out? If so, how often should I do that whole process? Is there any other good tip for making sure it's totally flushed?

5) ... other stuff I can't remember right now!

Anyway, would love to hear from other recent model Freelander owners (as the internals are pretty much the same right, just diff floor plans?), and especially 32BH owners. Maybe we'll even run into one another on the road sometime!

HomeSweetRoam.com
HSR-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi and welcome:

I also have a Freelander. It is the 30qb model.
I do believe tank heaters and a black tank wash system can be added to your Freelander when you chose to do so. You may like to try the GEO method to keep your black tank clean. A quick search will give you the information on that.
As for the water pressure issue, mine is slow too at the shower head but ok at all taps.
If you haven't driven your Freelander up any long grades be ready to hear your V10 scream. This I now know is normal especially if you use the cruise control.
I found it useful to use the tow/haul mode in heavy traffic and going down long grades.
There are lots of great people here , join in the conversation and what we all like to see is pics of your new RV.
Enjoy your travels
Pat
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Our water pump ran all the time too. Soon realized it wasn't primed. Put the line used to suck in antifreeze in a bucket of water. Try to hold the bucket above the pump and turn the valve to suck from that line rather than the tank. We thought we had a bad pump but once it primed it ran like a champ.
lakeboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
WHY would anybody use cruise on a long hill or any mtn. everybody on these forums say turn it off we pulled I 40 last yr in to Asheville 6mi 6 deg 98 v10 no scream in 3rd & vthis is the 4 speed not tow-haul
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #5

Tank Heaters

I can only answer the tank heater ? My 2013 Coachmen 29QB came without tank heaters but is wired for 12volt only, wires are under coach close to gray and black tanks, inside wiring harness and go to the monitor panel, Blue with red strip and the other is white. Hope this helps someone...
riche156 is offline   Reply With Quote