Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #1

Question 2014 Leprechaun 319DFS 50th Anniversary

Hello all,

I picked up my brand new MH about 2 weeks ago and found these forums. To my surprise, I got the 50th Anniversary Edition. I thought I had only ordered the 319DSF. Turns out it was a pretty good deal because I got an oven with it. Unfortunately I had to take it back to the dealer twice, once to get a few things fixed and today to get another propane regulator. Overall I am very happy with the MH and can't wait to use it. I just need a front end alignment. From what I read in the forums, that seems typical.

I have one question for people who may have one. Where is the water pump and does it have a bypass hose to winterize? It is winterized already by the dealer, but I would like to use it over New Year's Eve and would need to winterize it. I am a tinkerer so going through the motorhome is not an issue, I just have not had enough time to do it yet. From what I can tell, the pump is in the rear, might be under the bed. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any input.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #2

The water pump is under the bed. The bed lifts up, but you'll have to prop it up with something to work on the pump. There isn't a winterization hook up on it, but I am going to install one myself. I too got the 50th ann. edition and have an oven, plus there were some other perks... We have only used it for one trip and it is in storage, but I ordered levelers for it and waiting for them to come in to have them installed. So far we love the MH.....

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I will take a look today. I figured I would have to install a bypass kit. I asked the dealer yesterday if they used compressed air or had a special pump to winterize the MH. They told me they went in under the bed and disconnected the hose from the water pump and then added a small section to pull from the antifreeze jug. I think I will be investing in a bypass kit to make things easier next year.

I thought levelers were standard. When we originally ordered the 319DS, the dealer gave us a list of standard equipment and that was one of them. That may be just something the dealer always orders, but I will say that they are a very nice option. We were just warned that if you are on a moderate slope to not use them. But for most RV spaces (and my parking pad), they work great.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #4

We were sort of swayed to not get the jacks because of the added weight, but I wish I had insisted. They will be about $1000 to $1500 more to have them installed now.

Our dealer orders the front swivel seats on all his. I would have traded that for the Jacks. I also opted out of the camping kit with the outside table and TV for recliners and the fireplace.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #5

recliners

Hello,

I have been following your exploits on your new Coachmen. Can you post a photo of the recliners you chose in the coach?

Paul
Old 02-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #6

Paul, I'll have to figure out how to send a picture again, through the forum. It's been a while. Also I'll have to get a good picture of them....
Old 02-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #7

recliners

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00418.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	56042

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00419.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	56043
Old 02-14-2014, 06:23 AM   #8

recliners

HI Again,

Those recliners look really good and a great color. A nice addition to the coach.

Paul
Old 02-14-2014, 06:28 AM   #9

Thanks Paul. We sure do like them....
Old 02-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #10

I liked the recliners. We saw them at the RV show. We opted for the jackknife couch because our 8 year old could sit and watch tv with us. It looks the same leather wise and very comfortable.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #11

I am an owner of a 2014 319DS as well. I have been having a number of issues. It has been at the dealer for the last three weeks. Overall my wife and I like the unit and have taken out a couple of times. It also came with the recliners. I like the pull out table and sink. If you have the electric fireplace, there is an issue with the thermocoupler. The unit over heats and the coupler shuts off the unit in about two minutes. Coachmen's fix is to replace the coupler and install an additional vent.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #12

Welcome to the forum. There was another post on here about the fireplace. I took mine out and put some large holes in the cover above it to allow better air flow. I haven't even used it, but decided to do before trouble started. When you do that, you'll have to tie up the wires above so they don't fall down onto the fireplace top. That is where the inlet for the fan is. Most MH's come with some issues, but once they are worked out, you should be OK.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #13

Holiday World still has some things to complete, but I am picking it up tomorrow. I am going camping with my son this weekend. There is an extreme need to bug out. The MH was a big move up from the popup trailer. We took it to San Antonio last month, much better in the MH over a hotel with the entire entourage.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #14

For any new 319ds motorhomes. If you get it and it needs a front alignment. You may need to get larger bushings. I took mine in for an alignment right after picking it up because it pulled to the left. I took it to an actual large truck/bus shop because local dealers couldn't handle it. The guys there could not get it aligned properly because the bushings were too small. From what I have researched, this is quite common. When Ford manufactures the chassis, they send it out aligned but only need small bushings to get it in specs. They sell and align the chassis but have no idea what is going on the chassis. So when the weight of a motorhome gets added onto the chassis, it throws off the alignment but the original smaller bushings won't let the front end with the added weight get within specs. I contacted Ron Ross at coachmen and told him what I needed and got approval, no questions asked. My motorhome is now within .001 of specs. Coachmen did have great customer service and quick reply.