Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2018, 02:24 PM   #85

We were able to run the front AC in both the Chateau and Isata 5 with the air flowing into the bedroom. We often ran just the front AC when on 30 amp, or wanted less noise when we slept. Though I will say that the Isata 5's heat pump is much less noisy. (much, much)
daveinthekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 06:10 AM   #86

This is all great information. Seems the Isata 5 has it's own list of slowly unfolding issues. I'm sure the Chateau has a list also. What RV doesn't? What's amazing is how we have such "courage of conviction" and don't allow these issues to get us down. One thing we've learn...once you leave the dealer, you're pretty much on your own. Anyone that's ever owned any style of "camper" expects and prepares for this and also knows it takes 6 months to get it right. Congrates on your accomplished lives that allow this opportunity. I'm going with the Ford 550/Chateau 35SF for many reasons outlined here. I'll see you guys one day soon with a few tools, a roll of gorilla tape and bungee cords in our hands, at a rest stop somewhere. Funny how we immediately start stocking up on tools, tape and spare parts way before the first loaf of bread crosses the threshold!! HAPPY TRAILS!!
Funding Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funding Fun View Post
This is all great information. Seems the Isata 5 has it's own list of slowly unfolding issues. I'm sure the Chateau has a list also. What RV doesn't? What's amazing is how we have such "courage of conviction" and don't allow these issues to get us down. One thing we've learn...once you leave the dealer, you're pretty much on your own. Anyone that's ever owned any style of "camper" expects and prepares for this and also knows it takes 6 months to get it right. Congrates on your accomplished lives that allow this opportunity. I'm going with the Ford 550/Chateau 35SF for many reasons outlined here. I'll see you guys one day soon with a few tools, a roll of gorilla tape and bungee cords in our hands, at a rest stop somewhere. Funny how we immediately start stocking up on tools, tape and spare parts way before the first loaf of bread crosses the threshold!! HAPPY TRAILS!!
I still would consider a Nexus but received so many comments on their rookie status and that they are not recognized by NADA and on and on. I have just heard so much bad on Thor Chateau's, so while I like them, I am still sticking with Isata 5 to go with least risky. The one thing I dislike about the Ford on the Chateau is that damn painted front bumper, chrome is so much better for cleaning. If you did get it,, I recommend a protective film installed so you can scrub away at bugs and not damage the paint. Also I wish they would up the trim level on all the truck chassis to have navigation and the nicer features like lane change warning, vehicle alerts, etc..
dannko58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:41 AM   #88

I don't know WHY every forum has a Know-it-all (Traveling cat)! Since the extra springs were added to my 2017 Isata5 coach I enjoy the handling of my coach much more, no adverse feeling even when towing my Equinox or my Motorcycle trailer with my Gold-wing Trike.
mightymouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:04 AM   #89

I don't want a bunkhouse and the only floor plan Isata 5 offers in this range has the dinette next to the sofa instead of across from it. Having them across from each other allows more of a living room feeling instead of everyone lined up across one wall. Their front cab TV option of the Nexus looks last minute. After reading dannko's post, I spent a few hours dissecting the Nexus. It too has it's share of issues and I question the strength of their newly established dealer network, not to mention the NADA issue. Also, I'm not a fan of the International chassis and the HP is dialed down to 300. The location of the transmission lever and the 50's style emergency break in the middle of the cab floor is disgusting. It reminds me of a school bus and the trucks I drove in the military. Of course, 95% of all negative reviews are written by the 5% of owners that have had serious issues. Great reviews are mostly bias and written by existing owners that must stand behind their choice. If I could get the floor plan of the Chateau 35SF on the Ram or GMC Duramax chassis, that would be ideal. In as much as I'm mostly buying the features of the coach body and not the chassis, I think this is the day that the Ford hath made. Calling dealer this morning and placing order. Y'all keep an eye out for me in the event I am Found On Road Dead! Buying from local dealer and, since I sold commercial Ford Trucks for years, I have a great relationship with my local commercial truck dealer. Interesting how my decision is equally driven by a plan for repairs. Peace!!
Old 03-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #90

Done Deal...wrote the check! It's a GIRL!! Chateau 35SF. Look forward to running across you folks at Life's Rally in Somewhere, USA. We live in Atlanta and own our retirement home in PCB, FL. Soon as I can drag my life's mate away from the working world, we plan to spend our first year, at least, on the road looking for the world's largest ball of twine.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #91

2017 Isata 5, 6500mile vacation comments

My last post I commented on the install of 2 springs between Top and second springs of my rear spring pack (2-2018). I just finished my first vacation (also with replaced seats with armrests). Just about every thing worked flawless, Tank less Water heater was in-op. checked every thing Breakers, fuses even took the module inside heater apart and checked the fuse, looked OK replaced anyway... nope thank goodness for KOA showers. Rear fuel tank is a Spoon Feeder, What a PAIN in the Ass! EVERY Fuel stop, I hope there is a fix for this (Hello Factory????), I'm thinking of moving the filler to the Generator compartment putting it above the rear tank getting rid of the long pipe. The Coach handled Flawlessly, 9.1 MPG until Western mountain passes 8.2MPG with plenty of power to pass most trucks. All this pulling a 2015 Chevy Equinox LTZ.
mightymouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:56 AM   #92

Awesome review !!!! We are also looking at this RV.

One thing that drives us nuts in our current coach is the road/wind noise. My wife and I find it hard to hear the radio and have to talk in an elevated voice.

I measured it (being an audio engineer) 72db A weighted at 55mph. This level is AFTER I've applied many noise suppression mats...it was 78 before.

If you can sometime, on your iphone with a free app, measure your decibel level, A weighted-slow response.

We drive thousands of miles in our RV's and noise can be quite fatiguing.