Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Anyone driving the MB Chassis 2401W?

I've been hunting and pecking over a new rv. And I've honed in the Mercedes Benz chassis machines.

Forest river makes a couple and I'm liking the full wall slide 2401W in the forester lineup, but I see they make the same floorplan in a solero and a sunsekker... I have no idea what the difference is.

But if anyone has this floorplan, I'd like to ask some questions.

Is that an air mattress I spy there? Anything you don't like about your unit?
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #2

Been looking at the same unit. From what I have been able to read, the forester 2401W is the higher end of the 3. Hard to find much information or reviews on the forums.
New_Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:03 PM   #3

After looking at inside storage, outside storage, tow capacity, and black tank capacity. I started looking at this forester 2501ts. MBS expensive to get worked on if anything goes wrong.
New_Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We had a FR Solera with a MB Sprinter chassis/engine. It was very nice - but - yes, expensive to get work done. 24ft was just too cramped for us and we traded for a Fleetwood Excursion. Mistake - so eventually got our current 45 ft Entergra Anthem - we love it! Anyway- if you are good with a smaller coach, I would recommend a Solera.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hi
We have a 2016 FR Sunseeker 2400w MBS. We have had it since the end of July. So far we have taken it out camping 3 times. Currently camping near San Jose Ca. We are enjoying it so far. Our last MH was a 2007 36 ft HR Neptune DP. We decide to downsize to the FR because we were not using the DP as much as we should have and we're spending a lot of money just to maintain it
bkphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Sorry pushed the wrong button
To continue
We have calculated that we have been averaging about 15 miles to the gallon.
Getting used to the smaller space is the hardest thing but it is just two senior citizens now and this will be our last unit, so we are getting adjusted. We had a couple of nice gadgets in the DP that we do not have in the FR. Namely Sat TV, residential frig, and levelers. Right now I am having a problem with the Bigfoot sabilizers that are installed on the FR. I will be taking it in for some repair as soon as we get back to our stick house.
As for room and space the "w" gives more of a sense of space inside when the full wall slide is out. This why we went with the "w"
If you have additional question post them here and I will try to answer them.
Bill & Arlene
Old 09-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #7

Do you miss the lack of outside storage in the W layout? Compared at Hershey. The R layout had much more storage.
Chriswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #8

Also was told that FR doesn't put levelers on MB chassis. Only 2 stabilizer jacks in rear. ???
Chriswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Chriswar

Sorry it to so long to reply
To your questions:
The outside storage is much smaller than our HP Neptune. We spent a good amount time sorting what we had in the Neptune and then culling all items that we had based on the following criteria
1. Items we need
2. Items that would be nice to have
3. Not needed items.
We were surprised by war we did not need.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Sorry again. This is hard to do on the phone. I will try this later on my computer and try to sort this out and answer your questions
Old 09-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #11

I have a 2014 Solera on the MB Sprinter chassis. The MB is the only good thing about it. It drives like a Mercedes, what can I say. Until you drive an MB, you can't appreciate it. It is great. Power and refinement. As to the motorhome, It is an insult to put such a piece of junk on such a wonderful chassis. The motorhome itself has been nothing but trouble. The shower curtain was not waterproof, the house batteries went bad on a recent trip. The auto steps stopped working in the out position. The charging system for the house batteries went haywire, The tail light combiner circuit(whatever that is) went bad and the tail lights stayed on even when camped and had to be replaced at a cost of several hundred dollars, the catches on several of the drawers went bad and allowed the draws to slide open while we were on the road, the bedroom slide stuck in the out position, and on and on. All this in the first 2 years of ownership. Oh almost forgot, the decals on the outside all started to flake off, and had to be replaced, this took several months since the factory kept shipping the wrong decals to the dealer that was doing the work.
This is the fourth motorhome that I have owned, and it is by far the worst I have ever owned, it is a piece of garbage, and I would advise anyone not to buy a Forest River, instead try either a Winebago, or a Thor, the same design is available in those brands. I intend to completely rebuild this motorhome into the motorhame it should have been, so that it will be reliable and fun to take on trips, the Sprinter chassis makes it worth while. I know enough about motorhomes and how they are built to have fun doing this project.
bgc44a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #12

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you have had with your MBS. We purchased a FR 2401R in May and absolutely love it. We took out the dinette and added two Lambright recliners with swivel trays and took the Dream Dinette table and made that into a table that I use when cooking. Love the space of the 2401WS; however, we could not do without the ample storage in the rear. I hope that you can troubleshoot your rig to fit your needs. So far we have had zero problems with our MBS and would purchase another FR. We purchased it from Mike Thompson in Colton, CA, and they bent backwards to make sure that we were satisfied customers. By the way, we have 3000 was of solar which allows us to boondock very easily--at least when the sun is shining. Take care and happy RVing!!!!!
susanjebbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #13

Hi, we just bought the 2017 2401w . We love it. We looked at the sunseeker first.
Chassis is the same but the forester is an upgraded unit. We personally feel the upgrades to the forester were worth it. Totally like the full slide just makes it more roomy . One difference is the Bluetooth. It allows you to work most functions off your phone like watching awning while in or out.
Milage 15.5 average so far .
Tinytwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis