Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #1

Berkshire

am looking at a FR Berkshire BH with the 360, any comments good or bad about this coach?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #2

We have a 2009 390QS, purchased new in 2010. Taking a guess the one your looking at is a new one since it's a 360. We like our floor plan, have had a few issues with workmanship. If you buy it take alot of time doing the PDI and get everything fixed before you take delivery. Make sure your dealer is a good one for service. Overall we are happy with our unit.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #3

We have a 2011 Berkshire 390bh and it has been a very good coach. We bought it from Buffalo RV (RVOne) and have been very pleased with both the coach and the dealer. All issues have been resolved by either the dealer or Forest River and some issues were resolved well past the warranty. I get a lot of compliments on the unit and if we stay with a single axle coach I would not hesitate to buy another Berkshire or to purchase it from Buffalo RV. Both companies get two from me.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #4

We looked at the BH model and it was a serious consideration until my wife went into the bathroom. Nice if your a kid but a little cramped for adults.
So you know that it came off the list of possibilities.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #5

we looked at berkshire last year but the workmanship was embarrassingly poor. We were surprised the factory could let them go like that.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We have a 2011 Berkshire 390bh and it has been a very good coach.
Can you help me out with something, how "private" is the master when there are people in the bunks??

We've got 2 kids and want to full time in a bunk model.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ie2special View Post
Can you help me out with something, how "private" is the master when there are people in the bunks??

Thanks!
Unfortunately, the bunks are a few feet away from the master bed and it's just a thin sliding door in between so there's not a whole lot of privacy.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #8

Quote:

Thanks!

There is not a lot of privacy between the bedroom and the bunks. The bunks are right outside of the sliding door that separates the two. We usually run the fans at night for background noise which seems to help the "privacy" factor somewhat. As with any RV, there is not of privacy in the roughly 350-400 square feet of a motorhome. That is one of the trade offs one has when we adopt this lifestyle.

Ed
Old 01-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #9

thanks Ed. When we went looking hubby stood in the bedroom and I elsewhere. he closed the door and talked at different levels. The best we found was the Entegra that is why we picked them but no bunk :(

We need to go back and look at the Berkshire again!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #10

Quote:
thanks Ed. When we went looking hubby stood in the bedroom and I elsewhere. he closed the door and talked at different levels. The best we found was the Entegra that is why we picked them but no bunk :(

We need to go back and look at the Berkshire again!

We have the same issue from a standpoint of we would like to go with an Entegra, but the only one that works for us would be an Anthem 44SSL which has the king bedroom at the one end of the rig and the hide-a-bed which opens up into a queen at the other end of the rig. Then the couch next to the booth dinette opens up into a jackknife sleeper.

I don't believe you mentioned how old your kids are and how many kids are you looking to sleep. That might be helpful.

Ed
Old 02-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #11

3.5 and 14

We've been all over the place trying to find the right thing. We've even considered turning a walk-in closet in an American Coach into a bedroom for the little one.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:42 AM   #12

Another one we've looked at is the Newmar. In both the Ventana and the Dutch Star there are a couple of models where the couch at the front of the coach folds out into a queen and the opposing couch is a jack knife, or at least I'm assuming it is a jack knife. Some dealers advertise them as sleeping six. With the little ones at the front of the coach and the adults at the back, you should have some pretty good privacy. The downside is that the kiddies may be unsupervised with the available door to the outside right there near them.

Ed
Old 02-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
we looked at berkshire last year but the workmanship was embarrassingly poor. We were surprised the factory could let them go like that.
I second that. We looked Monday at a Berkshire and a charleston, both were embarrassingly bad.

Got to color in this whole map!
ie2special is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #14

Depending on your toad, be aware of the tow capacity of a Berkshire (or any other coach for that matter). I know of one Berkshire owner who was seriously disappointed that he had exceeded that capacity and belatedly learned the fact at Camp Freightliner.

Just sayin'

EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote