Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Can't fill fresh water tank

I have a 2019 Forest river Sunseeker motorhome, it has an outside fill hole for the fresh water tank. Every time i try to fill it the water runs out as fast as it goes in. I even bought a fill hose to go in the hole farther but no difference. Could hose to tank be kinked?
mumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumpy View Post
I have a 2019 Forest river Sunseeker motorhome, it has an outside fill hole for the fresh water tank. Every time i try to fill it the water runs out as fast as it goes in. I even bought a fill hose to go in the hole farther but no difference. Could hose to tank be kinked?
I assume the water is flowing out from the fill hole and it's a gravity fill, correct? If so, then it's likely either a kink, sag in the hose, or obstruction at the fill point on the tank itself. If possible, visually follow the hose from the fill port to the tank, or as far as you can, looking for a kink or sag, which IMO is more likely. If you find a sag, try and reroute the hose so there is only a gradual slope directly into the tank. This might require a little manipulation or even shortening of the hose itself.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
problem solved

i ended op putting a rag around the fill tube, turned the water on full blast and filled the tank. water still came out around the rag but it did the job. will have to look into this more.
mumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumpy View Post
i ended op putting a rag around the fill tube, turned the water on full blast and filled the tank. water still came out around the rag but it did the job. will have to look into this more.
You could also have a kink or obstruction in the vent hose. If air doesn't flow out easily, then water will not flow in.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:53 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the same issue! Took the RV to the dealer on warranty for a look! They filled the tank! Where I could not! They told me the fill hose is fine! No obstruction or kinks. Then said the hose goes down then up kinda making an air pocket. They ran fill water in really SLOWLY. An that’s how they filled the tank! Also IF I need to visually “see” my fresh water tank it’s located under the bed an you lift the end of the bed & then lift a plywood cover! Surprise there is the tank to visually inspect! Plus a whole pile of electric wires an devises!
So since they filled my tank OK ...that is what I should do...a real slow dribble flow to fill! Have yet to do it ... in time will see!
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water