Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwest View Post
Forest River, manufacturer of Cardinal, will not warrant unit if you tell them it is for full time use. This says a lot abut the confidence they have in their product.

wow these stories never end
we lived in our cedar creek, which is made by forest river, FULL time for three years, it was never an issue. MOF we only had two warranty items the whole time
first class construction and really served us well,
we only went to a bus because my old bones just couldnt take teh setting up part
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles & Dawn View Post
Own a Cardinal have looked at Cougar it's a step down from Cardinal...Would I buy another Cardinal yes but at this time we lack a local dealer our old Cardinal dealer decided to retire in this tough economy. But at this time have no desire to get rid of my mostly trouble free Redbird. Very few issues.
Cardinals and Georgetown motor homes are constructed on adjoining assembly lines. A lot of interior products are used in both. While I was concertrating on the Georgetown, I did look at the Cardinal const. Being we were Montana owners (2) I was impressed with their construction. We moved to Forest River from Keystone after I saw their construction of their products. Ever since Thor bought out keystone, I think it has slipped somewhat.
Kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #17

We have a Cardinal and are very pleased. We camp with friends who have a Keystone Laredo. They are pleased with their unit as well.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #18

Amazing how many people have chimed in giving the OP their opinions which have no bearing on the OP's question.
Cardinal= top of the line in the Forest River lineup.
Cougar= Entry to mid line on the Keystone lineup.
Why is that so hard?
In the Forest River product line, Cardinal and Cedar Creek are equals They offer very good value for the money.
Cougar is a very popular product in many parts of the country. They also offer good value for the money, albeit at a lower price point. Most people find that they are good rigs and have relatively few issues with them. Same for the Cardinals. The problem with the Cougar is that they are produced in several plants in different parts of the country. Therefore quality control can be iffy or good, depending on the production plant. Cardinal is produced in only one plant so quality is consistant.
Take your pick based on your budget and qhat floor plan you like best.