Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #1

Class C leveler blocks

I have recently purchased a 2016 Coachmen Leprechaun 240 FS. What leveler blocks do you recommend that will handle the weight of my coach? (14500 lbs)
ddamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2019, 01:43 PM   #2

I use two packs of these along with a set of matching chocks that complete the package.

https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-0001...eveling+blocks
Old 01-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #3

ddamron-

First off, a belated welcome to iRV2!

Second, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.

I used the Lynx levelers (that Dennis recommends) for both our former Class C and our current Class A. They are sturdy, lightweight, and don't rot. We have three sets, plus 3 extras, and I've used them all more than once. I also have found the Lynx caps and chocks useful (for example, the chocks help you to stop before you overrun the stack of levelers).

I have also found it helpful to have some "pads" to go under the blocks when the ground is soft.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:54 PM   #4

I used the square platform systems and didn't like them. They bent if there was any kind of rock under them and then no longer leveled correctly.

I now use a ramp system from Bunkerwall and love it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7YNOL8...p_mob_ap_share
HSR-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #5

so far I'm old school. since I had some 2"x 8" laying around, I cut them up in progressively longer lengths. maybe its the campgrounds i've stayed at, but i've been 3 high to level coach...
Old 01-27-2019, 11:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddamron View Post
I have recently purchased a 2016 Coachmen Leprechaun 240 FS. What leveler blocks do you recommend that will handle the weight of my coach? (14500 lbs)
I carry 6 ea. 16" lengths of 2 X 12 and 6 ea. 16" lengths of 4 X 4. They are 16" long because that is how deep my compartment by the side door is.

The are cheap and I have been using the same set-up for 15 years with 3 RVs. I have never found a place that I couldn't level with them.

I don't use a "real" level. After 15 years, I am getting pretty good at "feeling" level from the drivers seat. If there is any question, the DW swings the freezer door or the microwave door. They will tell you where the low corner is.

Tim

Healeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:01 PM   #7

Healeyman, I think your "ramp" method might be better than my "stacking" method. think I'll look around the yard for more wood

Tags
class c