Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #1

Question Coachmen 2013 21QB Freelander? Ya or Na

I'm possibly signing the dotted line soon on a class C 2013 Coachmen 21QB Freelander. It has everything my wife and I need to camp comfortably. The only thing I am hesitating about is Coachmen’s reputation. I have read reviews and looked at other forums on-line and I'm scared to go forward with this purchase. How is Coachmen's quality and do you think the newer models and the new owners of Coachmen have worked out all the bugs?
campdog416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I owe one and the DW loves it.
You can find a lot of other on here that own other brands of RV with complaints.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #3

We have a 2010 2130QB that I believe is the same as yours if yours has the Chevy chassie. The wife an I spent 5 of the last 6 months being Snowbirds and plan to head to Alaska next week. I have made a few changes like adding an inverter and changing some lighting to leds but can't say we have any problems with our unit. Just thought of something, Stickers on the door say that the tires are D load but they are E load although the spare is D load. Think E load is a better deal. YA
EdOsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by campdog416
I'm possibly signing the dotted line soon on a class C 2013 Coachmen 21QB Freelander. It has everything my wife and I need to camp comfortably. The only thing I am hesitating about is Coachmen’s reputation. I have read reviews and looked at other forums on-line and I'm scared to go forward with this purchase. How is Coachmen's quality and do you think the newer models and the new owners of Coachmen have worked out all the bugs?
We have a new to us '08 Freelander 3150SS and love it! Every new motorhome will have some problems here and there so expect some things to go wrong. I would be hesitant to buy brand new though just because of how fast the value drops once you drive it off the lot.
Regardless, best of luck with whatever you decide and happy camping!
Martino78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #5

We will never buy Coachmen again. Everything inside is below grade quality and they do not like to stand behind their product.
dilarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilarson
We will never buy Coachmen again. Everything inside is below grade quality and they do not like to stand behind their product.
Like they say...you get what you pay for.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
from what we have seen at the shows, the Coachman by Forest River is not the same as the old original Coachman.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #8

Ken when did forest river take over and are you seeing better or worse quality? I have an 08 Freelander and everything seems fine with mine. I didn't pay for a high class coach so I don't expect top quality materials ya know?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
we have a forestriver product and when we buy our next one it will be the 1st one on our list
we have received excellent service on our unit even after the warranty period was past
brianj
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #10

We have a 2007 Coachmen Pathfinder. We love it and haven't noticed any quality issues that you wouldn't find on other makes.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 2011 21QB which we purchased used a year ago. Everything seems fine with the coach - we did replace the mattress which was mainly for our comfort. Coachmen is coming out with a 22QB which has a slide - if I could sell my unit I would probably go for that one since it would give us more floor space - we just got back from Hilton Head and took our 2 dogs and cat as a trial run. Everything went great!! I have called Coachmen customer service and they were very cordial and answered my questions. I would recommend them.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #12

Bought a 2012 on a Chevy. Driven 10,000 already. Minor warranty work on engine. Been on six trips. First trip, spent two weeks in February, in Nebraska. Added tank heaters. Drive 60-65. Mileage ranges from 7.5 to 13. Averaged 8.3 towing Wrangler on trailer.
Tjsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen